Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 RZR 900 (2 seats)
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I start it cold, I haft'a double prime the fuel pump. If I start with one fuel pump charge it stutters & dies. Is this a warning that my pump is going bad? I have no test equip.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Thanks guys, I'll check that pump now that I know how'ta. .
Another thing could cause i hard start if you’re in cold weather using10w50 Engine oil can cause a hard start need to change to 5w50 in cold weather. My friends live in Anchorage Alaska couple days ago they woke up to 6 inches of snow.

·
Registered
2021 Pro XP4 Ultimate, White Lightning on Order | former owner of 2013 XP4 900
77 Posts
I had a cold start issue in my 2013 900 with 2,300 miles. Checked fuel pressure, spark plugs, fuses, battery, etc. when it finally wouldn't start at all. Turns out it's a known problem with that motor and it needed a valve adjustment. $600 later, it ran perfectly. Hope that helps.

·
Super Moderator
2015 S900
8,292 Posts
How many miles/hours/kilometers? Valve clearance is always a problem on these engines. They get tight, then backfire and start very hard when cold.

·
Premium Member
2019 RZR 900 (2 seats)
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do run 5/50 synthetic oil, fuel pump pumps lots of gas (dunno pressure) just over 3000 KM, doesn't backfire, it spins over just fine (not slow when cold) and when I prime the pump the second time it starts right away.
Plugs look fine, i'll buy newies.
Thanks for the ideas guys.

·
Registered
2021 Pro XP4 Ultimate, White Lightning on Order | former owner of 2013 XP4 900
77 Posts
How many miles/hours/kilometers? Valve clearance is always a problem on these engines. They get tight, then backfire and start very hard when cold.
3 different places told me the valve issue often rears its head at 2,500 miles. Mine was just shy of that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts