Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 900 it will spin over. I have checked I have spark and fuel is getting to the rail and injectors are pulsing. I have replaced the plugs thought that was it first. I have tried to start with starter fluid and no go. I still have to check compression waiting on the adaptor for my gauge.

I have pulled the valve cover off and chain appears tight.

It spins like it has compression does not spin really fast even with new battery.

Can timing keep it from starting? Does not pop of even attempt?

Can you use something else for that cam holding tool I watched the youtube on it?

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,671 Posts
I have 900 it will spin over. I have checked I have spark and fuel is getting to the rail and injectors are pulsing. I have replaced the plugs thought that was it first. I have tried to start with starter fluid and no go. I still have to check compression waiting on the adaptor for my gauge.

I have pulled the valve cover off and chain appears tight.

It spins like it has compression does not spin really fast even with new battery.

Can timing keep it from starting? Does not pop of even attempt?

Can you use something else for that cam holding tool I watched the youtube on it?
Valve Timing or Ignition timing can both keep it from starting

You can use a piece of 1/8 or 3/16" strap for the came holding tool...basically anything that fits in the slots, is wide enough to rest on the head deck, and strong enough to handle a bit of twist.

Is is trying to start at all? Popping or backfiring or anything?

Compression is a good next check if you're sure you have the proper fuel and spark.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No popping or backfiring.
I have put a gauge on the fuel 40 psi.
I also remove from the rail I am getting fuel to the rail.
I have pulled the plugs and ground and I have spark to them.
Tired with starter fluid can smell it on the plugs.
I checked the injector with injector light and see pulse.
I can also hear the injectors clicking with screwdriver.
I think I have some aluminum flat that will work I bought for another project.
i have the valve cover off no as I was going check the timing but never got to pulling the front to line up the crank last night.

I bought this as no start so I have never heard it run. The guy told me sat for 2 years and was running. The gas was dead in it we pumped it out and have fresh in it now btw.

Do you know if these are free spin in case the timing is off ? I am also wonder if the rings might have stuck from sitting but I got to wait on my gauge to check... I had all the sizes but that 10mm.

BTW the motor looks really clean inside the valve cover.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It is an interference motor so the valves will hit if timing off too much. Use anything in the slots that fits close enough to check timing.

also make sure spark plug wires are going to right cylinder.

You could try some Mystery Oil in cylinders and let sit over nite to help free rings. Just be sure to crank over with plugs out to clear hydro lock before trying to start with plugs in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I check the valves with the metal. Appears to be correct. PTO cylinder TDC. I pulled the crank sensor to look for the mark in the flywheel. I don’t see it also my season had oil on it. Should it have oil on it ?

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you are at TDC you should see the mark, if not then timing is off. Spin the Primary clutch counter clockwise a little at a time until you see the mark. That will show you the correct timing. Then you will have to remove the Tentioner and reset your timing by following manual.

DO NOT spin the motor clockwise. It will cause the timing chain to jump and screw up timing.

Since the motor sat for so long the hydraulic tentioner leaked all the oil out and it jumped timing the first time you tried to start it.

the oil in CPS is normal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pulled the cover off and timing was correct. But it will go past the mark if you keep turning. I assume slack in chain as from tensioner. I could push the tensioner in with my hand. I did pull the head and valves the intake do not look bent to the eye. I am going see if a local shop can check them for me. The guy did tell me had new clutch with looks that way. If they turned it clockwise on the clutch side could it bent the valves? The head looks good I am wondering if I can get away with new valves and better springs and not have head done. Btw he said the motor was rebuilt before. Any good vendors for parts ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts