Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Razorback Expedition arrived last night packed in two boxes that would survive a space shuttle launch & re-entry. I'm mounting the Expedition's door when I realize I can either have a door or my Jemco sealed storage box, but not both. Oohhh, didn't see that coming! Time to think "outside the box"!!

Just a heads up to anyone who has a RZR storage box and wants to add a Razorback Expedition...it may not work as planned.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm mounting the Expedition's door when I realize I can either have a door or my Jemco sealed storage box, but not both.
So you bought the below Razorback Expedition Rack.. And you also bought a Jemco PZ6 Cargo Box..

Now if you use the Expedition Rack with the door.. You cannot use the Jemco..

Just wondering can you use the Expedition Rack (without the door) and the Jemco Box at the same time.. If you can that would be my choice..

Bicycle front and rear rack Bicycle accessory Sports gear

·
Registered
124 Posts
We bought a Jemco PZ6 Cargo Box as well..

Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Tire Automotive tire

The plan is to use it with the Tusk UTV Rear Bumper and Spare Tire Carrier..

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car All-terrain vehicle

Similar just not as deluxe as your setup (I was too cheap to spend almost $1000 + shipping).. 😬😬

·
Registered
18 Posts
So you bought the below Razorback Expedition Rack.. And you also bought a Jemco PZ6 Cargo Box..

Now if you use the Expedition Rack with the door.. You cannot use the Jemco..

Just wondering can you use the Expedition Rack (without the door) and the Jemco Box at the same time.. If you can that would be my choice..

View attachment 655403
I m new but I will add my 2 cents . I have a pz6 and am receiving the Razorback Sherpa on Tuesday. The Sherpa is the Expedition without the door. I am sure they will work together. My concern is removing the pz6 to change air filters or other work under the access panel. Will add more in a week.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I first bought the Jemco box - love it. Going from 2 Sportsmans with 2 big boxes to 1 RZR 900 was our issue, so we bought the Expedition. This winter I will mod the door to fit around the Jemco box. Right now its time to ride.

Also, with the side racks installed (Expedition or Sherpa) and the Jemco box in place, you won't be able to remove the Jemco box. At least I haven't been able to, yet. Both the racks and box are wider at the front and narrow at the rear. I don't regret either purchase, just didn't expect the conflict with the door or box removal/install. I can modify to meet my needs so I'm not worried. My goal here is to share what I've learned so others can better plan. Obviously I didn't research enough, but I'm satisfied with what I have...and later I can figure out a way to make the rest fit.

One last observation - with this configureation you can hold the Jemco lid/door open with a short bungee around the Razorback name plate on the top shelf, and hooked to the Jemco/door. Where there's a need, there's a fix!!!!

Ride On!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got the Sherpa rack adjusted so I can remove the PZ6 box. I added a few washers to the inside bolts of the uprights. The washers were installed between the uprights and the roll age which spread the rack open a little more at the rear of the rzr. Don’t know how it will work out on the expedition rack where there is hinges and a latching mechanism.

·
Registered
94 Posts
How dust proof are those Jemco boxes? Is there a bottom to them or do they use the bottom of the bed for a bottom?

·
Registered
18 Posts
They are sealed with rubber gaskets. They do have bottoms. Condensation does collect on the inside but I think that is expected. I just open it up in the morning to get rid of it. They are a great box with tons of room.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am wondering if there is enough room inside the box for a cooler. The website only gives an overall size. Could you tell me the inner dimensions?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got tired of the Razorback door sitting in the garage so I decided to try & make it fit with the Jemco box installed. I think I figured it out!
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Car Auto part

·
RustynMtnHome
19 Posts
Got tired of the Razorback door sitting in the garage so I decided to try & make it fit with the Jemco box installed. I think I figured it out!
View attachment 661726 View attachment 661726
Can you get the Jemco out without disassembly the rack? I want to get one of these racks but I want to make sure I can get to my filter without having to disassemble the rack?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I thought I worked the box out once, but this time I put a broom handle through the side rack and under the box. That holds the box high enough to remove the filter cover. I read another person above shimmed the side racks that spread the rear of the side racks to enable the box removal/install. That would be a problem if you wanted to use the gate.

·
Registered
18 Posts
While it would present a problem with the doos and shimming would be a no go because of the door but I purchased the version of the rack without the door so in my case shimming worked great.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have the same Tusk rack on my 900 Trail. Did the Jemco PZ6 fit your rig ok with the Tusk?
Thanks
No, well sort of. Define "ok"...
I have the jemco pz6 and that tusk rack, I had to cut off the upper cross bar on the bumper portion to get the rack on, because the jemco box sticks out too far, and even if you were to squeeze it on there somehow, you wouldn't be able to undo the latches on the jemco box... so you can't use the spare tire carrier, but I wasn't planning to use it anyway. Once you cut off the upper cross bar it fits fine and you can open the lid, just not all the way like you could before because it hits the cargo Carrier portion of the rack, but you can open up plenty of fire to get into the box and get stuff in and out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No, well sort of. Define "ok"...
I have the jemco pz6 and that tusk rack, I had to cut off the upper cross bar on the bumper portion to get the rack on, because the jemco box sticks out too far, and even if you were to squeeze it on there somehow, you wouldn't be able to undo the latches on the jemco box... so you can't use the spare tire carrier, but I wasn't planning to use it anyway. Once you cut off the upper cross bar it fits fine and you can open the lid, just not all the way like you could before because it hits the cargo Carrier portion of the rack, but you can open up plenty of fire to get into the box and get stuff in and out.
Thank you!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts