Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We whent for a nice 90 mile ride today, and I can't express how happy I am with the XtremeRZR new tender springs. I have almost 900 miles on my rig, and I dont think it has ever rode this nice. I am also loving the front sway bar M.I.A. it's new home is on my garage floor

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
Awesome. Love my springs from them too. What kind of riding do you typically do? Just curious about your riding at speed, and the impact of not having the sway bar. We do rocky to smooth terrain, with speeds varying from low to maybe 40-50mph, but hardly any real crawling, and sometimes higher speeds if the terrain will permit. Wondering how much I would miss it. By the way, if they haven’t yet, your rear tenders will settle a bit, so will have to readjust. The fronts not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. Love my springs from them too. What kind of riding do you typically do? Just curious about your riding at speed, and the impact of not having the sway bar. We do rocky to smooth terrain, with speeds varying from low to maybe 40-50mph, but hardly any real crawling, and sometimes higher speeds if the terrain will permit. Wondering how much I would miss it. By the way, if they haven’t yet, your rear tenders will settle a bit, so will have to readjust. The fronts not so much.

I mainly mountain ride, with windy trails, creeks, deep ravines, washed out roads, and some rock crawling. I do like the hi speed desert rides, but that is maybe 20% of my riding.
I really did not notice the front sway bar missing from the front besides allot more flex and a smoother ride yesterday. The group I ride with all have there front bars disconnected.
I am sure I will have to put some more pre load in the rear springs, I had them built for a aftermarket rollbar and a rear storage box with all my crap and tools in it, but I am still waiting for the Brown Santa Claus truck to drop it off and I also set up the rear spring about a 1/2 lower than they recommended until I get all the extra weight added.
I would recommend trying your rig with out the front sway bar, if u dont like it, u can always reinstall it. Unfortunately on my Turbo S there is too much crap up front to just disconnect it and tie it up like my friends can on there Can Ams.

·
WesternPaSxsAtv
512 Posts
Same with me. I put around 220 miles on mine this past weekend and i have over 3000 miles on my buggy and the small chop was virtually non existent. I can't even imagine how much better shock therapy feels.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Same with me. I put around 220 miles on mine this past weekend and i have over 3000 miles on my buggy and the small chop was virtually non existent. I can't even imagine how much better shock therapy feels.
I had the Shock therapy springs. I removed them after the first ride as they rode like complete crap. I then installed the extreme rzr tenders and now it rides way better

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
110% satisfied with the Xtreme tenders. It sounds like for once I MADE the correct decision before I spent the cash for Shock Therapy..

·
Registered
4 Posts
110% satisfied with the Xtreme tenders. It sounds like for once I MADE the correct decision before I spent the cash for Shock Therapy..

Rick,

I did the same thing and haven't gotten any real miles on them yet, but like them!

Question: you pulled the front sway bar off - how is it handling faster turns. We do trails and sand and I wonder about the stability in the sand.

Thanks and nice ride.

v/r lance

·
Registered
852 Posts
Rick,

I did the same thing and haven't gotten any real miles on them yet, but like them!

Question: you pulled the front sway bar off - how is it handling faster turns. We do trails and sand and I wonder about the stability in the sand.

Thanks and nice ride.

v/r lance
You hardly notice the front sway bar being unhooked. In comfort mode it’s slightly more leany but in sport or firm I can’t even tell I removed mine. It does handle the chop and uneven trails a lot better though. One thing is when I removed my front sway bar the shocks now bottom out when the tires come off the ground. You get that clunk from the shocks extending out. I plan on getting limit straps but haven’t yet

·
Registered
4 Posts
You hardly notice the front sway bar being unhooked. In comfort mode it’s slightly more leany but in sport or firm I can’t even tell I removed mine. It does handle the chop and uneven trails a lot better though. One thing is when I removed my front sway bar the shocks now bottom out when the tires come off the ground. You get that clunk from the shocks extending out. I plan on getting limit straps but haven’t yet
Tanks for the info. I did see Rick's response up in the thread saying the same (after I asked the question. lol) The limit straps will be ordered also, thanks.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The Extreme RZR folks rock. I’ve had the tenders on for a while. First, he could have easily taken more of my money when I called to ask if it would be beneficial for me to add the crossover rings. He told me I would be better without. Second, my front tenders were starting to get close to coil bind after 1,000 miles or so. After investigating, he realized he had suggested the wrong ones from the start, and immediately dropped me the correct ones in the mail. BOOM! Admitting fault and rectifying it. Doesn’t get any better than that. Customer for life. Ask for Bryan. I believe he and his wife own the place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Extreme RZR folks rock. I’ve had the tenders on for a while. First, he could have easily taken more of my money when I called to ask if it would be beneficial for me to add the crossover rings. He told me I would be better without. Second, my front tenders were starting to get close to coil bind after 1,000 miles or so. After investigating, he realized he had suggested the wrong ones from the start, and immediately dropped me the correct ones in the mail. BOOM! Admitting fault and rectifying it. Doesn’t get any better than that. Customer for life. Ask for Bryan. I believe he and his wife own the place.

I wonder why they said no crossover rings? I guess I could jut give them a call. lol

I did put them on, but need to get some miles on to see how they work. Especially on the bottoming out.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I wonder why they said no crossover rings? I guess I could jut give them a call. lol

I did put them on, but need to get some miles on to see how they work. Especially on the bottoming out.
I would run the crossover rings. It rides softer than stock with the new tenders and in comfort mode you can bottom out. The crossover will help on the bigger hits without affecting the small stuff

·
Registered
294 Posts

Probably the type of riding I do. I spoke with Bryan about where we ride. I’m in TX, so mostly ride TX, OK and AR. Trails, rocky, some higher speed stuff when the terrain permits. No dunes or desert riding. Rarely do I have an opportunity to jump, unless I go to the pay to play track. So, maybe that’s where the advice was coming from. I didn’t dig in to ask why, just took his advice and saved the coin.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Do you know the spring rate of the new tenders?
I can't find a website and I don't use facebook any more. I obviously need to call them but I've been working during business hours... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
157 Posts
So I have a set coming for my Turbo S 4. I’m getting the there middle setup. Question for you guys that have installed the springs. Are you able to just remove the preload and install the new tenders with the shocks still on the vehicle?

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I have a set coming for my Turbo S 4. I’m getting the there middle setup. Question for you guys that have installed the springs. Are you able to just remove the preload and install the new tenders with the shocks still on the vehicle?

I was able to remove the bottom bolt on the rear shocks and replace the tender springs, but it took forever to crank on the adjusting ring to get the recomend preload they recommended. Which I set a 1/2 looser than they advised.
For the fronts we removed the shocks completely, there is not enough threads compared to the rear to the loosen all the preload to remove the bottom lock ring that holds the main springa In place.
Also a word of advice, make sure u purchase a spring compressor made for the smaller coil springs. I had a set for struts, and the fingers that crab the coil spring were to long and would hit the shock housing and bind up, so we did it the SCARRY way and used 3 ratchet straps to compress the coils

·
The Lone Rzr
2,273 Posts
On my xp41K I was able to just remove the lower bolt on the front and rear shock.
Definitely get a spring compressor. It was very EZ that way.
I started with their recommended preload settings but it was too much. I would also start at half of what they say but it may vary with each ride.

·
Registered
852 Posts

If you have/buy the right spring compressor it can be done easily with shocks still mounted. Just remove the lower bolt and swing the shocks up. The turbo S needs the springs compressed a awful lot to get the retainer rings on and off in the front. I also leave the spring compressor on and compressed while I adjust preload. It makes things way easier

1 - 20 of 46 Posts