Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thinking. If I opted for the standard red vs the LE I could save $800 for other goodies!!!!

·
Rzr spy
2,235 Posts
Just thinking. If I opted for the standard red vs the LE I could save $800 for other goodies!!!!
Not sure if you are asking us or telling us. Only you can answer what it's worth to you.

I bought my RZR in 2008 and there were 2 choices: Chit Green and Weird Red. I went with the green. I f I had the opportunity to pay $800 more and get Orange, it would have been a no brainer.

I know for sure that if 3 years go by and you want to upgrade your wheels and paint your plastic, IT WILL COST MORE THAN $800!

If you, however, don't care and will never care as much about aesthetics, then of course, save yer dough and use it elsewhere in your build.

·
Ridin' above 10,000 ft!
4,850 Posts
Not sure if you are asking us or telling us. Only you can answer what it's worth to you.

I bought my RZR in 2008 and there were 2 choices: Chit Green and Weird Red. I went with the green. I f I had the opportunity to pay $800 more and get Orange, it would have been a no brainer.

I know for sure that if 3 years go by and you want to upgrade your wheels and paint your plastic, IT WILL COST MORE THAN $800!

If you, however, don't care and will never care as much about aesthetics, then of course, save yer dough and use it elsewhere in your build.
Chit green! Hey, I resemble that remark! :rofl3:

·
Rzr spy
2,235 Posts

Chit green! Hey, I resemble that remark! :rofl3:
But I'm right, right? Ok, ARMY GREEN!!!:ride:

·
Registered
59 Posts
All depends on where the majority of your riding is done in my opinion.:) If your gonna spend most of it in the dunes then it seems to me that "bling" is in.

After an hour on most of our rides you couldn't tell if it was chit green or hot pink!! They all get that textured brown look to them accented by scrape markes. Guess thats what we'r all about.

I find that after every ride when I wash and polish mine with Mothers that it is plain "Wierd Red" underneath all that and you know what... it looks damn near brand new going down the highway on the trailer to the next adventure. I gets lots of comments on how it looks good!:)

Boils down to a personal preference. If you have the 800 to burn then go ahead. I however have it invested in some modest 26" mud lites and 4 point harnesses.

Green, Red, Pink, Orange, White, Black... their all fun as hell to drive!!:pint::pint:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Go with the LE you could not buy fancy wheels or paint with the 800 buck you save,or buy the standard one and sell everything that you don't want and improve it like the LE.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Weird Red? Just curious what weird about it. :rofl3:
:rofl3: Terminology, nicknames, creatures of habit, goin with the flow??? All play a role in this I guess
I dunno... now that you mention it... nuthin wierd about it!!:rofl3::rofl3:

Think mine looks damn fine whether dirty or shined up:redrzr: :beer3:

·
Registered
995 Posts
Worth it. Ride forest trails and have marred the hell out of the paint. But, because it's clear-coated, once/year I buff it out and it looks brand new. (The tupperware, on the other hand, remains a mess.)

·
Registered
319 Posts
I think the LE has more than better color and wheels. Also, the LE's paint has clear coat but the base does not, so the plastic will not hold up as well. In the end go for what you want.

·
Rzr spy
2,235 Posts
Worth it. Ride forest trails and have marred the hell out of the paint. But, because it's clear-coated, once/year I buff it out and it looks brand new. (The tupperware, on the other hand, remains a mess.)
:cry: Awe geeze.... now it's tupperware..:rofl3: what next:popcorn:
Easy ROOF! Those non-painted guys get a little uptight if you say anything about their Radical Red or Army Green Super-Ware plastics. (I know, I was one once!)

BEFORE and AFTER

·
Registered
995 Posts
No, no, tupperware = black plastics. Rockers, flares, bed tie-downs, etc. On passenger vehicles with plastic trim, it's commonly referred to tupperware. Think the Chevy Avalanche's ass end. :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My Polaris salesman bought the LE. He says sometimes he wished for the standard issue as he has turned around at times when the brush gets thick!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts