Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 800 RZR-s that won’t crank…I put in a new battery- measures 13volts…when turning the key the dash and tail lights come on, as well as the brake lights when stepping on the pedal…
when I put a jumper across the two solenoid lugs, the engine will crank just fine, but I’m not sure whether the ignition switch is communicating with the solenoid, nor do I know how to determine if the solenoid itself might be the issue?…Any help is much appreciated: )

Bunkysdad

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can you hear the fuel pump when you turn on the key ? And with the key in the start position check for 12v between ground and the red/white wire at the solenoid. Maybe the ignition switch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If the pump runs then you likely have power to ignition and injectors also.
If you have power on that red/white wire, then likely bad solenoid, No power then likely bad ignition, But with the key on and you jumper the solenoid . it should start.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Problem solved!! With some off-line advise from another forum member, I was able to narrow the problem down to (of ALL Things!!…) a hydraulic brake pressure switch located in the brake line going to the rear brakes (just before the tee)…Turns out that it’s connector contacts (this slide-on connector which at wire’s other end connects to starter solenoid) were a bit grimy with dirt - This is an interlock that prevents operation unless (upon start-up) hydraulic pressure from brake pedal is present - he said it’s not an uncommon problem…

Hope this tip helps others!!

Bunkysdad

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Low compression would allow the engine to turn over quicker and would not keep it from turning over at all.

I dont think you have a clue about what is going on here man..

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Low compression would allow the engine to turn over quicker and would not keep it from turning over at all.

I dont think you have a clue about what is going on here man..
Lol OK dude. I went through it so you have no clue what you are talking about. Me and my buddie bought beat to hell 800's and have been through every function of them and solved every problem so I guarantee I know more about them then you. Low compression will cause a no start situation. Have you completely rebuilt 2 RZR 800s? If not I suggest you go smoke your smug pipe and cool it.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
LOL

No start and not turning over are 2 very different things.

...You done yet? This is getting comical with your "low blows" and attempts at "insults".

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
LOL

No start and not turning over are 2 very different things.

...You done yet? This is getting comical.
In this guy's situation yes it was electrical all I said was it could be compression. I also said my buddies was cranking so I agreed that compression was not his problem. The only comical thing about this is you and your know it all comments. Have you rebuilt 2 RZR 800s? Answer that question and maybe we can talk. You smell your own farts don't you?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
...What do farts have anything to do with you not understanding the term turning over and the term starting? Are you a narcissist in denial by chance? You are practically typing out the definition here, for whatever reason. Definitely comical.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
...What do farts have anything to do with you not understanding the term turning over and the term starting? Are you a narcissist in denial by chance? You are practically typing out the definition here, for whatever reason. Definition comical.
Lol!!! Do you understand English? I do understand it. Way better than you I guarantee it. Do you not read others comments? Read what I posted before you jump on your high horse. Wow are you a real blank.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
...What do farts have anything to do with you not understanding the term turning over and the term starting? Are you a narcissist in denial by chance? You are practically typing out the definition here, for whatever reason. Definition comical.
For whatever reason you are being a complete tool. If you haven't rebuilt 2 RZR 800s then go stroke your 2020 XP turbo and shut it. You are full of it. I've been through it...I seen it.....I repaired it.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
"But wait, theres more!" 🤣🤣

Are you related to a guy named Donnie on the west coast by chance?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Having "completely rebuilt 2 rzr 800s" is completely irrelevant to understanding basic engine combustion and basic electrical... Just letting you know.

Hey, a bit iff topic but ugh... Are you on any meds? Or currently off perhaps? Its a simple yes or no question.. TIA

1 - 20 of 38 Posts