Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
When was the last time the fuel filter was swapped out? You can have good fuel pressure but poor flow with a clogged fuel filter.

·
Registered
366 Posts
This is an 800, it has hydraulic lifters. Thanks though.

Could this problem be one of the sensors? Maybe the t-map sensor or the throttle position sensor or one of the others? I'm stumped don't know what to do next.
Can you check spark while running? Use one of those testers or do what I do and use a screw driver very carefully. Need to figure out if it's weak spark or fuel. I guess since you put another pump in we can assume it's not fuel???

It very well could be one of those sensors. The TPS can be checked with an ohm meter. Look for a smooth reading up or down while turning. This won't fix weak spark though.
If you take it off the machine make sure to mark exactly where it was. They are adjustable.
As for TMap, I'll look it up.
Are you sure the gas pedal switch is good now? I need to read up on that thing too, my 2014 has some sort of magnetic one on the pedal, is yours like that?

If I had to guess I would say crank sensor, seems like you read of those failing all the time. Those can be checked with an ohm meter but that doesn't mean crap if it only fails while running, ect...But if it's off but runs, but runs bad then yes. I'll look that up too.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Crank sensor: 500 to 600 ohms
Coolant temp sensor: at 78 deg about 2500 ohms, at 212 deg about 12k ohms
fuel pressure 2011 thru 2013 models 45psi
just in case I would disconnect you throttle release resistor thing to test, book says it tells the ECM when your foot is off the gas. Maybe it thinks you aren't pushing the throttle.....

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Crank sensor: 500 to 600 ohms
Coolant temp sensor: at 78 deg about 2500 ohms, at 212 deg about 12k ohms
fuel pressure 2011 thru 2013 models 45psi
just in case I would disconnect you throttle release resistor thing to test, book says it tells the ECM when your foot is off the gas. Maybe it thinks you aren't pushing the throttle.....
Checked the crankshaft position sensor it checks out ok (according to ohm meter). Bypassed the accelerator switch with a resistor that Geoff recommended. That should be good. May take the t-map sensor off the running 800 and see if that helps. And check the tps.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Guys is it possible my starting problem could be that the oil pressure relief dowel is stuck? Over pressurizing the lifters and holding the valves open?

I a 2013 800 rzr is hard to start and won't take any accelerator till you let it idle and warm up. Then after that it has warmed up it still don't take the gas right. Any thoughts or recommendations.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Guys is it possible my starting problem could be that the oil pressure relief dowel is stuck? Over pressurizing the lifters and holding the valves open?
It's possible, I think I remember posting in another thread a long time ago about that being a problem. So I would certainly check it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Check your relief valve with a small magnet. Should be able to lift it out with a magnet. If it don’t move freely it is stuck. I got one out by removing front cover and oil pump and pushing it up with an Allen wrench. Replaced with two 8mm ball bearings. Mine was ticking bad when it was stuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Hey Pete, I finally had a chance to find the thread I was talking about with the stuck prv dowel. At least thats what we were led to think it was. The guy never said if it was for sure the prv.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hey Pete, I finally had a chance to find the thread I was talking about with the stuck prv dowel. At least thats what we were led to think it was. The guy never said if it was for sure the prv.
Yep people want help but don't realize it helps us all to know the final outcome of these things.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts