Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am rebuilding my 09 800 50" motor this winter and I am wanting to know if it is worth installing oversized pistons and cylinder (BB kit) IF you do not add fuel controllers, programmers, tuned exhaust, head/valve work, etc.

Basically I am running "S" type factory exhaust, factory air filter, snorkel, etc. We ride mainly water and mud and I do not think the electronics that come with the big bore kits would make it...

I am just curious to know if there would be much increase in HP without all the extras or if it would actually hurt the engine by having the oversized top end w/o the extras, thanks.

rusty

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
need at least fmf pure polaris muffler ,good air filter or box and fuel controller,to see gains,might work with just a controller but the muffler and air box upgrade cheaper and worth as much h.p. as big bore

·
Banned
904 Posts
Im interested in this as well....I would love a 900, but have to much into my 800 to sell and start over... Are you looking for the cheap way? The reason I ask is I am wondering if a 900 would fit? If so, why not try to pick one up used?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts