Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to clear up some misconceptions about ride command. A lot of people seem to think that you cant install it on older rzr models or that you cant upgrade a 5 button system to 7 button system.
YOU ABSOLUTELY CAN.
To upgrade a 5 button system to a 7 button system, all you will need is the 7 button screen and 3 cables -
1- usb cable # 2414710
2- gps puck # 4017533
3- amfm connector adapter available on ebay called "fakra Z female to DIN socket adapter"
You'll need to cut out the holes on the dash where the 5 button holes recess into so to accommodate the 7 buttons. Then drill a small hole on the dash for where the light sensor is on the new 7 button screen. Lastly some light trimming of the bracket that holds the screen to the dash so to clear the extra connectors on the new 7 button screen.

The only down side to upgrading the screen will be that you lose your mileage since mileage is recorded by the ride command and not the ecu. The engine hours are however stored by the ecu so those will be displayed by the new screen. The same goes when upgrading the older round style cluster to a ride command. The only way to retain your mileage is by having both original gauge cluster and the 7 button ride command connected to your rzr at the same time. For example with the original gauge cluster installed via stock and the 7 button screen connected with a 2019+ install kit harness ( as this harness installs it like a stand alone unit). After the 7 button ride command screen reads the mileage off the original cluster it will store it and then the original cluster can be removed all together.

Iv learned all this since iv been selling 7 button ride commands screens for a couple months. So if anybody wants to upgrade pm me. I sell them for 750 shipped brand new.

More info on installing them on older non ride command rzrs coming soon when I have more time to post. Stay tuned

·
Registered
47 Posts
Tagging along on this... I am looking for something for my '15 XP1K and trying to figure out how to do something like that. Almost bought a Turbo-S with it but got a deal on this RZR used.. Classic round older style gauge...

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Does the new Group Ride with the antenna work with this update?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tagging along on this... I am looking for something for my '15 XP1K and trying to figure out how to do something like that. Almost bought a Turbo-S with it but got a deal on this RZR used.. Classic round older style gauge...
Yes it will work on your ride. You'll most likely loose your mileage though

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a spider web cracks in the screen of my 2018 Dynamix, still all works just gotta look through it... not sure if anyone fixes these or otherwise I am interested in upgrading to a newer 7 button screen as well if you have any available shortly?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a spider web cracks in the screen of my 2018 Dynamix, still all works just gotta look through it... not sure if anyone fixes these or otherwise I am interested in upgrading to a newer 7 button screen as well if you have any available shortly?
PM me

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
IMG_20200717_215748.jpg

Thank you capitan828, GREAT Price works great. Also it is the 2020 version. If you need one get ahold of this guy.

Reactions: CyborgPirate

·
Registered
2 Posts
I received mine as well. Works perfectly on my 2020 RZR Pro XP. I had some concerns before ordering but after talking with Capitan 828 I felt a lot better about it. Don’t hesitate to buy from him he’s a good dude. Great communication, great price. Thanks again Capitan 828

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I received mine as well. Works perfectly on my 2020 RZR Pro XP. I had some concerns before ordering but after talking with Capitan 828 I felt a lot better about it. Don’t hesitate to buy from him he’s a good dude. Great communication, great price. Thanks again Capitan 828
Awesome, great to here. Hope you enjoy👍🍻

1 - 20 of 30 Posts