Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kinda been scratching my head on 27" tire for nearly a month now.. how are peoples 570s reacting with 26"s 27"s or bigger tires? I personally own one but only put 100 miles on it so far trails hills rocks etc in middle tn area... (I work away from home 8 months off/on threw out year) I feel compared sxs with a rzr s on slick hills/wheel spin, there is not much difference (watching) power BUT, the s does have 27" vs the 25"rs of the lil guy.. eventually as soon as its all available (and I'm home to install,lol) piston,cam,p&p head,intake,exaust, clutch kit, and a good tune will b installed, so maybe that's why its a hard choice cause not many know how it will perform punched out.. neways I need wheel speed for long hills in the woods but also need the clearance for the rocky trails here.. am I gna need two sets of wheels /tires?

But I guess after the long post how are 570 with bigger tires stock or (even with mods avail now,clutch kits,program, exhaust) mainly concerned with wheel speed, not crawling threw mud holes lol, thanks for any info guys.. I try to build underdog rigs before someone says maybe you should have got a 900... lol...:popcorn:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I needed more clearance....and did not like the stock tires...so I put 27 inch Maxxis Bighorns.....raised my shocks all the way up....I run 6 pounds in tires...love it!

·
Jerky Boy
298 Posts
I needed more clearance....and did not like the stock tires...so I put 27 inch Maxxis Bighorns.....raised my shocks all the way up....I run 6 pounds in tires...love it!
Lee, do you have any pics of your RZR with those 27" ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bump --

Anyone else with 26'' Bighorn's or 27'' with stock RZR 570?

I'm still thinking about getting 25'' Bighorns or 26'' but don't want any power loss. Also looking at getting some new springs for added lift.

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'll let you know after this weekend, as I'm going out for three days on my new 570 with 26" Bighorns :)

Bump --

Anyone else with 26'' Bighorn's or 27'' with stock RZR 570?

I'm still thinking about getting 25'' Bighorns or 26'' but don't want any power loss. Also looking at getting some new springs for added lift.

Thanks

Matt

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
I have 26 inch Bear Claw HtRs on my 570 that actually measure about 26.5 and they have been fine. I ran them with the stock weights in the primary and lost a little bit of top end and mid range. I replaced the stock 52 primary weights with the 48 High altitude weights and it gained back the midrange and top end. If you go with 27 inch tires do a little clutch mod and you will be fine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the 26" pro comps on mine and feel things are good the way they are. I have not looked into clutch weights yet. Pictires of mine are in the 13LE post in this forum.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've had 26" Big Horns on mine since day one so I can't compare to stock. But, I have plenty of power and no clearance issues

·
Registered
566 Posts
Have 26" ProComp's on mine since day one. Seems to have plenty of pep.

·
Registered
2019 XP4 HighLifter
266 Posts
I have 27" Mudbugs on mine. Had them pretty much since I bought it so cant really compare to stock. I don't have any complaints. Doesn't seem like any loss of power.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have 26" ITP Terra Cross and it run's great. Weights were changed to 48's by the dealer and I removed the clutch spacer. Shocks are three notches up all around. Sits much taller than my friends stock 570.

·
Have RZR...will travel
15 XP 1K HighLifter,32" tires,15" beadlocks,4-2.5" tuned shocks,+1.75"A arms,hard axles,S&B,WE links
250 Posts
I put 27" ITP 900XCT radials on stock wheels on my '13 570 Trail LE. No clearance problems and no loss of power. My shocks are in the max preload setting but I have done nothing with clutch spacer or weights. I am running 7 psi front and back.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just put 26" Bighorns on 14" MSA Diesel rims...little stiffer ride that the stock 25/12s. but i back the psi down to 10 all the way around. much better but i think i will drop another 2 psi and try it at 8. love the tires though...

·
Registered
142 Posts
This has been a big help. I've been trying to decide between 26 or 27 inch. After reading all these posts, I think I'm going with 27x10x12 Dirt Devils all the way around. Also plan on installing a 2" lift kit.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm on 27's and have a 2" lift. I am now looking into clutch options. My other concern is should I do axles at this point?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts