Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate (kind of, LOL) to add to the list of tire questions on this site but I need some advice and it seems most of the threads are specific to a persons needs and don't address what I am seeking.

I have decided to add a 2 inch high lifter to my stock 2020 570. I also plan to go to a 26 inch tire. I initially was certain I was going with Big Horn 2.0. I have been in touch with Discount Tire via this site and found out the ones I want are on national back order. I can get from them a set of Pit Bull Growlers BG 2.5 but I noticed right away they are 8 pounds per tire heavier. With stock clutching am I going to notice much difference between 22 lbs tire and a 30 lbs tire?

I can still get the big horns from Amazon but would prefer to get something from Discount because the prices are better and getting them mounted etc.

I measured my stock tires yesterday and they are under 24 inches so I feel like the lift and 26 inch tires will give me all I need for my style riding.

Also curious, I was initially planning to go 9 wide on the front and 11 on the back, but have considered 9's all the way around on the stock wheels thinking this might help with the power loss as well.......

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Have you looked at Rockymountainatvmc.com? They will price match. Looks like they have them in stock too. You aren't going to feel much if any loss on a lightweight tire like this that is an inch larger in diameter and inch wider. The 30+ lbs /tire will definately be felt more than the dimensions. If you're sticking with stock wheels, then go the 9" front, 11" rear setup.

Sent from my SM-T307U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I think I am going with the big horns in 26x9 and 26x11. Just trying to see if I can get them locally or if I will need to order them and get them mounted.....

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All of my local tire shops had them on national back order with no ETA for shipment. I checked Rocky Mountain and they had them but would not price match a motorcycle dealer selling on Amazon. I got the full set for under 500.00 shipped. I was hoping to get them local so I could get them mounted right there. I think the mechanic at my companies garage thinks he can mount them for me......

·
Registered
68 Posts
I run the same tires on my 570-- ordered them and had local mechanic switch the tires for me. Think he charged me like 25 bucks--wasn't much. And if stock tires aren't old, you can list them on Facebook and get 200 bucks or so for them rather easily

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the plan, my stock tires are basically brand new. The "seller" on Amazon said they were in California, I ordered them yesterday afternoon and the tracking shows they are sitting 50 miles from my house in Indy. Must have sourced them somewhere locally. I was expecting next week sometime....

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another question.......I had never really paid attention but noticed today my 570 stock rims do not have any type of dust cover or anything on the steel wheels that covers the castle not and cotter pin. I looked on Polaris's website and they show them but I saw a couple dealership walk around videos on youtube and they didn't have them. Curious for those of you with stock steel wheels do you have any type of cover or are the castle nuts exposed?

Here is what I saw on the website.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I have an XP1K, not a 570. It came with covers on the wheel centers, but those are long gone. I lost 3 in the first couple hundred miles and just took the last one off. You really don't need them unless it's just an aesthetic preference.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What got me thinking about it is the washers under the back ones are rusted, the front ones look brand new.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As I said above my stock tires (still new, little to no tread wear) were measuring under 24 inches mounted. Yesterday I went out and measured from the concrete to the bottom of the hitch in the rear and it was right at 9 inches, maybe a 1/16 under. I measured the front just at the front of the skid plate and it was 10 3/4 inches. I got my new Big horns mounted today and stuck them on (still waiting on my lift kit to arrive). To my pleasant surprise just replacing the tires raised the bottom of my hitch to 11 3/16ths and in the front it went to 14 1/8. It's already sitting noticeably higher, cant wait to see where the lift brings it to.....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hate to break this to, but measure again tomorrow. You got more than you think because you had 570 in air and weight off springs, stock springs will settle over next day or so and you will lose much of the added lift-- you'll end up with about an 1 inch more with Big Horns

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will do, Ill see how much it settles. It wasn't in the air too long. I thought that seemed like a lot of gain but I noticed the new tires before they were ever mounted were over an inch taller thtan the stock ones. I should have measured the tires before and after being mounted and aired up. Ill check back in tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
It’s not gonna settle just sitting there. Roll it back and forth a couple times and bounce on the front and rear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts