Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum thing here, so hope I am asking about my machine's issue properly.

I have a 2015 RZR 570 EPS, about 4,500 miles on it. Recently I started experiencing 2 problems that might be related, or just coincidentally started happening about the same time a few weeks ago. When the machine is started cold, all is well, and it starts & runs good like normal. After 15 - 20 minutes of moderate running, if I have a longer straight stretch and run it at higher speed for a bit, sometimes the engine light comes on and the machine goes into "limp mode", which speed governs it to about 12 - 14 MPH (If I put it in neutral, I can still rev the engine, so not a rev limiter, but a speed limiter). Then usually 5 - 15 minutes of this, then the engine light goes off, & it runs normally. Sometimes I can run it the rest of the day just fine, sometimes it stays in limp mode longer, sometimes it's fine for a bit, then back in limp mode, sometimes the light comes on but it doesn't go in to limp mode. Sometimes if I'm climbing a steep hill, it will start to miss & struggle to climb the hill but with the engine light not coming on (when this happens I am usually only at 5 - 10 MPH, so not reaching this speed limiting limp mode).

About the same time the previous problem started happening, the engine braking also became intermittent. If these are 2 unrelated problems, I am not so concerned about the engine braking, but figured I would let you all know here in case they are related.

I did a few easy checks. Coolant level is full & the radiator is clean & I keep the dash display on engine temp mode & all is normal. The oil level is good, with a recent oil change (I have no oil consumption issues at all), I replaced the spark plug (which looked fine) with no improvement to the problems, I replaced the air filter with no improvement to the problems. Belt has about 1500 miles on it & looks to be in good shape. This is a stock drive train, no mods.

Does anyone know if the engine control "remembers" codes? Or do you have to bring it in to the dealer with the engine light currently "on"?

Anyone else experience this or hear about these issues? Any insight will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not gonna be much help….but I have had a similar issue. Resolves itself. No codes seen. Mechanic has looked at it with nothing found. Didn’t do it our last long ride. But did the previous 3 rides. Almost feels like a rubber band holding you back and then you “spring” away when it returns to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
512 Posts
I believe you can get cel codes to display by using the mode button on the gauge. I think you can press and hold the button for a bit then tap again to cycle through the options. It kind of sounds like a fuel issue. Could be some water in the fuel or bad gas. Fuel pump could be going out. I would pull the fuel pump and check the filter on the pickup to make sure it’s not clogged. While you have the pump out, shine a light down in the tank and look for dirt. O2 sensor could be going. Get the codes first if you can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts