Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from my first 2 hr ride on the bike over logging road rushing washed out river beds and the likes. First I d like to say that I had my doubts about the visco lock system and the power of the 570 as I m use to a kawi brute force 650.
That of course is all long gone lol this machine is amazing I love the visco awd it s amazing and the low end torque is incredible. I was up to 50 miles today or so and no screaming of the engine.
I found that with the power steering you don t get alot of feedback and can get into trouble quickly if your not experienced in the offroad riding.That being said I love the power steering and the engine braking is amazing once your use to it.
The ground clearance is a little low but I new this with the stock tires and all.
On my checkover before I took the machine out I found some small stuff not quite right like the air breather tubes not tight enough, no cover on the pos side of the battery.
Now I`ve got a loud squeak on the left side whenever you compress the rear end and yes I re greased all fittings.
So far I love the machine time will tell if anything lets go but will keep with the updates if I find out what the squeak is.

·
Registered
21 Posts
No matter how much i grease the rear sway bar bushings, i get the awful squeak in the back. I wonder if someone makes some harder compound bushings?

·
Registered
112 Posts
We had squeaks at the front and rear sway bars on our 570 the first couple of times out. I kept greasing and riding, then everything settled in and quit squeaking. Ride hard.....they'll stop.

RZR's use a visco-lock system? I thought that was a Can-Am system. Maybe I will learn something new today.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay good too hear I m not nuts but regarding the awd and visco lock which is can am, my bad.I thought they were basically the same in theory I guess, my bad. Still the awd is amazing and some say better that a true locker setp.
Caught this on a another site
Once you are over the obstacle you needed 4wd for the power to the front wheels is cut off even if you are sill in AWD. For the most part the Polaris system does react quickly enough to rear wheel spin to engage the front wheels. The transition is nice and smooth so it does engage faster than the normal Visco-lok. Cudos to Polaris for that.

The problem i found with the Polaris AWD system is that if your on an incline (rocky or otherwise) and your rear wheels have full traction you loose power to the front wheels. Not a good time to loose 4wd when you going up a steep rough hill at any speed. With the visco-lok the 4wd stayed on for a much longer time before reverting back to its normal driving mode. Also hauling a trailer with a Polaris RZR sXs or sportsman ATV also adds hitch weight & a shifting mass at the back which confuses the Polaris AWD even more.
I disagree with the steep incline and the unit losing power to the front wheels. Tonight I travelled up a very steep brook at least 200 feet that was full of loose rocks big and small with about 3 inches of running water.Low range and no prob just nice and smooth on the power all the way up.Will take pics next time.
Hey thanks for the info on the grease nipples under the hood, I ll have too take a look.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Now that I think about it, I had a squeak when I first got my rzr. Took the front and rear sway bars off and no more squeak.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Did the same.....removed front sway bar links; and most of the noise went away. It also really improved the "over ruff terrain" capability.

Only thing you have to do is play with rear tire pressures to eliminate much of the leane whie cornering. I run 12 psi in my rear big horns....love the overall ride (and noise) improvements.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Out for another good run today and I had a water issue that kinda surprised me. I went through a deep hole and the water was prob up just below the bottom of the rad after exiting I noticed the belt slipping.I stopped immediately and pulled the drain plug and shook the water out.:rm_thumbdown:Now I went through the water slowly in low range I thought that fact the water getting into the ctv kinda odd:rollfinger:.I rechecked the again for any loose fitting or breather tubes but couldn` t find any but I did find another greese nipple on the rear drive shaft.
Anyone else run into this prob before??
I`m also convinced on getting an upgrade to a set of 14` rims and bighorns in the future one has too be so careful with those stock 25s.:ride:

·
Registered
93 Posts
It is HIGHLY likely that the squeak is coming from the bolts and bushings where the rear arms attach to hub assembly. pull wheels off, remove bolts and bushing and thoroughly grease them. reassemble and go ride! It totally removed my rear end squeak..those links don't have grease zerks on them. BTW, I have already removed both front and ream sway bars.

·
Registered
161 Posts
the squeeks are from your shocks the bushings in them are not greased at factory , i ordered the super dave tuff bushings for my entire rzr including the shocks , squeeks are gone

·
Registered
214 Posts
The water entering the CVT may be coming from behind the CVT backing plate.. common problem with older can am ATVs and the popo 570..

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
the squeeks are from your shocks the bushings in them are not greased at factory , i ordered the super dave tuff bushings for my entire rzr including the shocks , squeeks are gone
X2! Grease the shock bushings.

One way to combat a future squeak, loosten the roll cage bolts, put moly lube in joints, re-tighten!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts