Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got it yesterday. Left on my truck overnight. Started it to unloaded it. Shut it off to get the ramps put away and then read the manual (like it would tell me something I did not know). Tried to start it - dead click click click. Jumped it. Let it run for a little while. Then took it for its first ride. Started backfiring and the idle was rough. Then it died when idling. Tried it about 5 times. Nope! Kept dying. One more time. Got it idling - then it went up to 204 degrees - so I shut it off. I am charging the battery. Ant help???????????? AND, what's the recall about?

THX!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Correct me if I wrong but 204 degrees is not that bad. The dealer probably never charged the battery before install. Take it out and put a charger on it and it will probably be all right.

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
Dont know if there the same as the new 800/900's but check for other battery cables next to the battery that are not hooked up.
The full size ones have 2 of each color cables and the dealers have been forgetting the second set and they wont charge.

·
Registered
262 Posts
my 800 gets to 210 degrees so 204 isnt a big deal. There are guys getting a reflash of the ECU on the 570 which has helped with the back fireing which may be thr recall your asking about. Your 570 may need it done. Look in the 570 discussion section.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Let it idle & see if it cools down. My original battery in my 800 rzr would die over time. I replaced it with a new one but never did figure our why it would drain.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sounds like your alt cables weren't hooked up at the dealer like others have found. Some say the '12's have two cables that should connect to each terminal. But, on my '13, only one for each terminal. They must have changed the wiring at some point.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No unhooked cables. There are 2 per pole. Fully Charged it Saturday night and went out in the woods with buddy (who has an 800). Anyway, it overheated and would not start. Took no fewer than ninew jumps to get it back to and on the rtuck. Taking it to dealer today. Frustrating.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Yes it is a pain in the rear to take things to the shop. Loss of your ride time, and other time spent to and from shop.

Hopefully they will get you going quick. A problem early on is a major let down.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Thats good at least you did not have to wait on parts. I would still be upset because something like not being hooked up was just human error. I know we are all human and make mistakes, but it is someone's job to plug it up.

Does Polaris send survey's of warranty work done??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't know about the survey. Yes, someone probably messed up. They did act a a little embarassed since they hold themselves out to be professional. They got it done, that's all I care about. Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts