Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased the DDMTuning 55watt HID kit with otional wiring harness. Intalled it today with no problems. I got the 5K temp bulbs which was a mistake. When they heat up, they look like our stock color lights, but brighter. I will be changing them out with the 8K temp soon. Here is a little video showing the color change. Don't mind the messy garage!

·
Family, it's about time
1,503 Posts
Those are much whiter than stock bulbs. Don't waste your money on 8k bulbs you will lose visible light. Your eyes see and distinguish terrain best in daylight and that is what 4300k-5000k is. I just changed my 6k out to 4300k. The 4300k is easier to see with and things have their natural color. the bluish white of an 8k bulb washes things out. jmho

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are much whiter than stock bulbs. Don't waste your money on 8k bulbs you will lose visible light. Your eyes see and distinguish terrain best in daylight and that is what 4300k-5000k is. I just changed my 6k out to 4300k. The 4300k is easier to see with and things have their natural color. the bluish white of an 8k bulb washes things out. jmho
Maybe I'll take it out for one trip and see how it does.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I installed the 35w 5k HID and I gotta tell you, night and day...the difference is amazing......and adjusting them properly helps a ton too.

I heard that the 55w at 5k aren't quite as white as the 35w at 5k, but I haven't seen them side by side to verify that.

Either way, beats the snot out of the stockers. :)

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
You are correct to change to 8k... 35 watt 5k and 55 watt 8k are the same bright white light.. a 55 watt 5k is yellowish. Remember the color temps for a 35 watt and 55 watt are not the same.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are correct to change to 8k... 35 watt 5k and 55 watt 8k are the same bright white light.. a 55 watt 5k is yellowish. Remember the color temps for a 35 watt and 55 watt are not the same.
I just need to change the bulb right?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Typically the bulb determines the color, and the ballast determines the intensity(wattage).

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Yes get 55 watt 6000k bulbs in a 55 watt... sorry I said 8000k earlier. I just looked at the chart here and the bright white in 55 watt is 6000k. The 5000k are not far off but the 6000k will be whiter and then it begins to go blueish. Have you driven in the dark with the 5k's yet?

·
Boats and ***s
3,184 Posts
So I purchased the DDMTuning 55watt HID kit with otional wiring harness. Intalled it today with no problems. I got the 5K temp bulbs which was a mistake. When they heat up, they look like our stock color lights, but brighter. I will be changing them out with the 8K temp soon. Here is a little video showing the color change. Don't mind the messy garage!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrJPX0PZQrw
that garage is messy

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Slacker
94 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrJPX0PZQrw
that garage is messy
I got news for ya, that's pretty clean compared to mine! :rofl3:

·
Steve
119 Posts
Do I need to buy the optional wiring harness for it to work properly?

·
Registered
449 Posts
No on the harness and I got 55w 5000 and love then. Very white no blue.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've heard you don't need the harness but I installed one anyways. I changed out my bulbs with the 8K and they look great. The color is between the 5k and 6k 35watt kit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've heard you don't need the harness but I installed one anyways. I changed out my bulbs with the 8K and they look great. The color is between the 5k and 6k 35watt kit.
DownAZZDSM.....I just ordered the 55W 8K and am a little concerned they will be to blue....can you post pic's of your set up?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts