Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2011 RZR4
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2011 RZR4. I changed to holz 46 tb and intake with fueler on my last car and it helped . so can I get 54s for this new head? any hp numbers?

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
I have 2011 RZR4. I changed to holz 46 tb and intake with fueler on my last car and it helped . so can I get 54s for this new head? any hp numbers?

You would need a ported head to flow the TB of that size. You would lose some bottom end possibly make it up on the top.

·
2011 RZR4
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

You would need a ported head to flow the TB of that size. You would lose some bottom end possibly make it up on the top.
Have you looked at this head? it looks like it has bigger ports!!! I pulled my intake off head for a look! your saying that with the can am out polaris put a new head on it and dosn't plan on putting any more power to it?

H

·
0 Posts
I think what he was saying is..if the stock TB is not the area of most restriction within the intake tract then putting a bigger TB on won't do much. I personally don't know what the choke point is on the 2011s..but just something to think about...could be valve size or lift/cam timing ect..
In other words randomly throwing bigger parts at an engine won't make more power...JMO

·
Premium Member
814 Posts

Have you looked at this head? it looks like it has bigger ports!!! I pulled my intake off head for a look! your saying that with the can am out polaris put a new head on it and dosn't plan on putting any more power to it?
Yes, I have looked at the head. If you due go with the tb you will be restricted at the manifold so you will need a bigger manifold. At this point now you will be resticted at the head. Flowing a head properly is a art and a science. If you want to to due it the correct way send the TB and manifold to somebody that has alot of experience porting they will bench flow the TB & manifold. Then they will match the head (port work) with the intake. Then you will have one bad bitch of a flowing intake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts