Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am purchasing a 2010 Stealth Black RZR on thursday and want to get new HIDS for it. Should I get 5000 or 6000? The pics of the 6000 look kinda blue! Would love to see pics of the 5000 if anyone has them. Want 35W. Please help! Thanks. Any info or pics would be appreciated. Will post pics of the new rzr when i get it!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I am purchasing a 2010 Stealth Black RZR on thursday and want to get new HIDS for it. Should I get 5000 or 6000? The pics of the 6000 look kinda blue! Would love to see pics of the 5000 if anyone has them. Want 35W. Please help! Thanks. Any info or pics would be appreciated. Will post pics of the new rzr when i get it!
I have the 5k...looks good...taking a pic of a headlight is tough...search and ye shall find on the forum.

·
King of crash!
31,881 Posts
i have 5 k in my rzr and 6 k in the truck.... the 6 does have a tad blue to it but seem brighter but i can see some things better in the sand with the 5k

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
I really like my 6k 35watters.. Pictures aren't much help really. There isn't a huge difference between 5-6k HIDs. I like a little hint of blue myself.

·
Bent Motorsports
938 Posts
i have the 6k and love them, works for me. 5k is closer to sunlight and is technically brighter light.

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
5k HIDs really are the best upgrade you can get for the money. I got some off ebay that worked incredibly well. Ballasts are mounted inside the hood storage area. Woks really well.

·
eternal noobie
239 Posts
I've got the Burke Moto HID kit installed with 6000k bulbs, and have a pair of 4300k bulbs delivering...should be able to get a good comparison of light next week (shoot with my D90 and f2.8 lens and no flash)

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
X2 on the Burke 35 W 6K lights. They are so unbelieveably bright white, with just a thought of blue in there! These are the coolest addition to my list of upgrades so far! I bought the plug and play model, and spent about an hour total installing them. 10 minutes for the install, and 50 minutes to do a custom job mounting the ballasts and securing the wires. Took it out last night for a spin, and WOW!!! Pics can't describe it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.