Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

5000+ Mile Cross Country UTV Journey Pictures & Movies

57K views 1K replies 30 participants last post by  Johnny 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
UTVRide.com 5000+ Mile Cross Country UTV Journey for Wounded Warriors

As some of you may know, Johhny A, Tim B, Tom S & Tim F, set out on July 4th to try and conqure what is the TransAmerican Trail (T.A.T). It has been a long 4 weeks, but the journey has been completed! A few small hiccups along the way, but nothing these guys couldn't handle. The machines involved in the world record breaking UTV trip were:

Johnny - 2011 Polaris RZR-XP
Tim B - 2011 Polaris RZR-XP
Tom S - 2010 Polaris RZR-S
Tim F - 2010 Kawasaki Teryx

They all made it to the end with out any major breakdowns, but thats not to say they didnt have a few bumps and bruises along the way. Both the RZR-XP's made it across the country with only 1 belt change, the RZR-S & the Teryx had a few extra mainly due to "just want to make sure" & general 800-1000 mile belt changing maintence. A few oil changes here and there, a filter every thousand miles or so and they made it to their destination in Oregon!

Hassles with law enforcement were few and far between with only 1 Sheriff causing any sort of headache (and a $260 bill). All in all it has been an outragous adventure for the guys as well as those who were following along day by day with kind words, donations and just encouragement. We hope you will take a minute to skim through the 800+ pictures and 30+ videos on our site dedicated to this amazing feat at UTV Ride

Again, we cannot thank anyone and everyone who participated in any way shape of form with this 5000+ miles ride acrouss this land we call The United States of America!

See less See more
#7 ·
Re: UTVRide.com 5000+ Mile Cross Country UTV Journey for Wounded Warriors

:rzrflag:Maybe you could put it on a DVD and sale it. It could bring
in more money for the cause or not.
It was a awsome trip. Now on to the next faze of picking a
Veteran or two. Come on Polaris donate a RZR 4 so the veteran
can take his family along. Or sale it for the price of a regular RZR.
:zzz::yahoo::devil3::icon_rockwoot:

#8 ·

Thanks guys, I know we all enjoyed following your adventure online------Thanks for sharing!!! All for a great cause.......
v/r
Ted

#9 ·

So glad you allowed us to tag along with you guys!
Pictures were awesome!
I'd buy a DVD if you decided to go that route!
Hopefully Polaris will step up and help out some!

Thanks again guys!

#10 ·

Thank you Johnny for allowing me to follow you for over 4,800+ miles + 4,000+ travel miles (includes miles to Tennessee and home from Oregon)... Your the best guide ever...

I loved every minute of the trip...

Also a Big Thank you to Tom for putting up with Johnny and I... LOL...

It's not everyday a trust fund kid gets to hang out with real men... You did a great job Tom...

#11 ·

I'd like to Thank my wife for allowing me to go on this trip of a lifetime... I will have the memories of this Historic Journey for the rest of my life...

Johnny...

Tom...

Nick @ UTVINC...

Andy my true friend...

The Sponsors...

The RZRFORUMS Membership...

UTV Magazine & Don...

#13 ·

It was indeed a epic journey and will be fun going through all the photos and make a article out of it for the magazine. I'm going to check with the Sand Super Sport Show to see if it's legal to accept donations for the project at the show to see if we can raise some more money over there.
If we can get visitors to drink one less beer we can get an extra $10 for the cause.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.