Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my $5 LED in cab dome light. I screwed up when I wired my cage and forgot to run a wire for one. So this is what I came up with.

27 LED Portable Worklight/Flashlight

Took the thing apart. Painted the 2 halves black. Drilled 4 holes on the top half. Fed 2 zip ties through the holes. Put the light back together. Attached it to my roll cage. And done. Its really bright and should see 48 hrs of run time before I have to replace the batteries and zip ties. Best part is it has a push button on off just like a normal car.

G

·
Nice. I did the something similar with an old Energizer LED headlamp I had. It was more that $5 when I bought it..but I had since bought a new one since the strap was stretched out..so it was actually free. It rotates fore and aft too :)

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
That was Genious! I had to go out in the garage and do the same thing! not bad 3.99 for that light from Harbor Freight. Looks to be just as bright as the spendy ones. I blew all my money on fuel to St. Anthony and back so I can't afford one of the high dollar lights LOL. Thanks for the great idea. This really belongs in the "low budget mods" thread.
It would definitely look better with a black one. I'll pick one up next time I see one in a store.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I own a couple of those lights from Harbor Freight and would like to do your mod but i'm worried about when I wash the RZR and the flashlight gets wet.I think that cheapo light would turn to toast but I may be wrong.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
I own a couple of those lights from Harbor Freight and would like to do your mod but i'm worried about when I wash the RZR and the flashlight gets wet.I think that cheapo light would turn to toast but I may be wrong.
It looks to be sealed well enough to me. Besides at 3.99 each you can buy a lot of them! I think I have four laying around here.
Also how much do you actually spray up there while washing? Not much I'll bet.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I will test one out after spraying it with water.Mine were all actually free using their coupons that I get in the mail.I have a few of those lights,a few pairs of scissors,screw driver sets,etc.I love Harbor Freight more then Walmart!I am a certified cheap bastard.:)

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That was Genious! I had to go out in the garage and do the same thing! not bad 3.99 for that light from Harbor Freight. Looks to be just as bright as the spendy ones. I blew all my money on fuel to St. Anthony and back so I can't afford one of the high dollar lights LOL. Thanks for the great idea. This really belongs in the "low budget mods" thread.
It would definitely look better with a black one. I'll pick one up next time I see one in a store.

Thanks! I painted mine black. It came blue.

I mostly ride dunes and don't power wash my roof. If it dies it dies. If it makes it through the season I will be happy. If not I have another one ready to go in the glove box. Really handy with the hook and magnet for late night repairs in the field.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts