Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

4wd not working

5K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  boat4life 
#1 ·
I just rebuilt my sprague carrier with the billet one and installed everthing into carrier as told to..i have power at plug,but my awd will not kick in...dealer told me to replace flat armaure and it will fix...any input on how this will fix the issue thanks

#3 ·
Not only check resistance also check the u- shape insert where the coil sets and the armature wear marks as noted in manual. You can also check the awd wiring thu the spedo and to see if its sending power to the coil. I first check spedo then power at plug by diff and then coil resistance and check for short and then tare down and inspect the armature plate and u- shape insert.

Attachments

#4 ·
what do you check at speedo. checked all wires and ohmed out plug..got 23.8 ohms.. i know i'm getting power..i just replaced the armature plate...will the front wheels engauge with all wheels in air on jacks if i rev it up in awd or does it need to be on ground..

#15 ·
I am in the exact same situation. I replace the carrier, new h-clips, new armature, new seals. All electrical checked and rechecked it was all ok I then replaced the speedo thinking there was a problem internally, didn't work. I put it up on the lift and ran a direct connection from the battery to the front diff I could hear the armature engage when voltage was put to it. I then ran it up on the lift with the direct connection from the battery and the fronts locked in and started turning. I assume now that somewhere in the system there is a bad ground although I have not been able to find it!?!?! I have traced every wire and followed every popo service manual flowchart. I am completely stumped.

anyone have another idea???

#16 ·
Toggle switch!!! Sorry man ain't got a clue. Just researching so if I ever have a issue I know what to do.

#19 ·
OK, on same not, i replaced my internals with holz aluminum cage and rollers, new arm plate , new u shaped button checked wiring and when i put it in 4wd it works but if it stresses at all it jumps and pops and makes noise mlike its slipping and still has a broken plastic cage? and no 4wd until its less stressed any ideas? bought to drive it into a tree at 30 and get ins money and a new rzr......

#21 ·
My indicator shows up. everything is fine electrically. mines more like something is broke on inside..but nothings broke.

Guess ill try it.

#22 ·
i had the exact same problem. never could get it to work correctly. I think the blinking awd light is a different monster but after I bypassed it I never had a problem. It's really easy and I guess it will tell you for sure if it's mechanical rather than electrical
let me know how it goes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.