Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I figured I would show off my latest creation.
This press is my own design and I wanted it to be versatile, so I decided to add a brake attachment for metal forming.

I want to cut out some custom aluminum roofs for some buddies rzr's and I like the clean look of bent seams, so I fabbed up this unit.

I made the cylinders out of tubing with a 12 3/4" ID and a 3/4" wall thickness. The top, bottom and plunger plates are 2" thick. The rams are 4" 4140.

If I run the pump at 4000 psi, she would be a 540 ton press ;) but I don't think I will ever need to...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice job! Where did you get the cylinders? I have a project like this that Ive been saving some heavy channel and i-beam for.
I made the cylinders out of tubing with a 12 3/4" ID and a 3/4" wall thickness. The top, bottom and plunger plates are 2" thick. The rams are 4" 4140.
;)

Thanks dmax61, I am pleased with it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally had some time to do up a roof, back window and front grill for a buddy's rzr S. He gave me artistic freedom, so I cut "Anita's Ride" into the back window, (thats his girlfriend), just to piss him off! He hasn't seen it yet ;)

I had a 1/2 day to do this yesterday, so I never had a chance to get fancy. Maybe this spring I can add a few bells and whistles to it, so it doesn't look to plain.
But...The press works well!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I finally had some time to do up a roof, back window and front grill for a buddy's rzr S. He gave me artistic freedom, so I cut "Anita's Ride" into the back window, (thats his girlfriend), just to piss him off! He hasn't seen it yet ;)

I had a 1/2 day to do this yesterday, so I never had a chance to get fancy. Maybe this spring I can add a few bells and whistles to it, so it doesn't look to plain.
But...The press works well!
what's the white stuff all over it? :rofl3::rofl3:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Frozen precipitation in the form of white or translucent hexagonal ice crystals that fall in soft, white flakes. Sometimes referred to as Northern White low grit sand flakes

You "spoiled" New Mexicans should Put some studs on ur Harley tires and come up and try it out some time Eh! :ride:

P.S. Nice job on your roof build last year! One of the best I've seen...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hello Bent nice press / break what thickness / gauge of steel is the body of the press made of and size of the Channels I have a friend in Calgary that will build one like yours for me

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey CC.Canada,
The channel is 10" but it is re-inforced internally. It's built out of QT100 plate steel. The pins are made of 4340. I built the hydraulic cylinders from A333 Sch. 80 12" pipe. The rams are 4340 as well. The plunger/gland, base and head of the cylinder are QT100 2" plate.
The rest is pretty straight forward...

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Frozen precipitation in the form of white or translucent hexagonal ice crystals that fall in soft, white flakes. Sometimes referred to as Northern White low grit sand flakes

You "spoiled" New Mexicans should Put some studs on ur Harley tires and come up and try it out some time Eh! :ride:

P.S. Nice job on your roof build last year! One of the best I've seen...
Thanks Bent
It was probably the most photographed roof at the Taylor Park event in August.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts