Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got a 15 xp 1000 and I'm having the same issue. The drive shaft is going to the front diff but not engaging. It's getting 12 volts to the plug

·
Registered
601 Posts
This probably won't apply to the original poster, but dirty fluid will also cause the front differential to not engage. To be certain, you can engage (flip the switch) AWD at any speed. The icon will not display nor will the AWD actually start to function until the engine speed drops below 3100 rpm or so. I have had my old 800 front diff apart, inspected it and found nothing wrong, save dirty fluid. Fresh Polaris fluid fixed it. This is the one location that aftermarket fluids usually will not work. I believe the armature which is actually an electronically engaged magnet will not function correctly with non-spec oils.
Many other options available for tranny, rear diff, transfer case and transmission oil. To test the AWD function, use a floor jack with wheels to elevate the rear wheels off the cement floor. Get in and put it in gear with switch engaged and the front wheels should pull you across the garage floor, if functioning correctly.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts