Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 XP1000 voodoo blue that has 50hrs and the front differential will not engage in all wheel drive mode. I took it to the dealer where i purchased the RZR and they found plastic gear cage was broken in front differential. They replaced it (warranty from Polaris) and it still wont engage. The cluster shows emblem of 4wheel and the light is on the switch when i turn it on. The dealer doesnt seem to know what to do at this point?
I am looking for help

·
Registered
940 Posts
Is it under warrenty? I would demand the dealer fix it if so. Some thigs you could check is the electrical plug that goes to the magnet in the front dif. Also verify the driveshaft going to the front dif is spinning when the rzr is rolling.

·
Work hard / Play harder
1,538 Posts
I'm guessing you are testing this at low speeds or sitting still? AWD wont engage if your going over 35 MPH, you have to drop below that a good ways sometimes before it will take hold.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Kenny, curious to hear how you are testing the AWD?

The front drive should not engage unless the rears are slipping. It is not a true/locked 4WD system, it is more like an On-Demand system.

Also, if the engine speed is over 3100 rpm and the AWD switch is turned on, the AWD system will not activate until the engine speed is below that 3100 rpm.

There is also a dowel pin that have sheared off,on occasion, causing issues....I will look for that thread.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Kenny, curious to hear how you are testing the AWD?

The front drive should not engage unless the rears are slipping. It is not a true/locked 4WD system, it is more like an On-Demand system.

Also, if the engine speed is over 3100 rpm and the AWD switch is turned on, the AWD system will not activate until the engine speed is below that 3100 rpm.

There is also a dowel pin that have sheared off,on occasion, causing issues....I will look for that thread.
I was mistaken about that dowel....when it breaks, apparently AWD stays engaged.
http://www.rzrforums.net/rzr-xp-1000/150907-front-diff-engaging-2wd.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tested by hooking my wench from RZR up to my truck and on a dirt road and in reverse I switched on the AWD and gave it gas the back tires spinning and front did not...
I also tried accelerating on dirt and only fish tailed and front wheels did not spin...

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I tested by hooking my wench from RZR up to my truck and on a dirt road and in reverse I switched on the AWD and gave it gas the back tires spinning and front did not...

I also tried accelerating on dirt and only fish tailed and front wheels did not spin...

Kenny, a word of advice on the 1000s. The reverse chain in the tranny has proven to be somewhat fragile. I would suggest you not hammer on this car in reverse. I would hate to see you shred your reverse chain.

Sent from somewhere over there...

·
Registered
444 Posts
Check the driveshaft at the Trans and see if you can rotate it by hand. If so, snorkel shaft is broken and that spins the front diff for engagement.

·
Registered
387 Posts
AWD wont engage if your going over 35 MPH, you have to drop below that a good ways sometimes before it will take hold.
The truth is the AWD will actually engage at any MPH... but it will not engage until the tachometer reads below 3100 RPM.
This is simply not true. AWD doesn't engage unless certain RPM and speeds are met.
"Initially, the vehicle's electronic system will not enable the AWD until
the engine RPM is below 3100." The vehicles AWD electronic system is not monitoring the vehicles wheel speed.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The truth is the AWD will actually engage at any MPH... but it will not engage until the tachometer reads below 3100 RPM.
This is simply not true. AWD doesn't engage unless certain RPM and speeds are met.
"Initially, the vehicle's electronic system will not enable the AWD until
the engine RPM is below 3100." The vehicles AWD electronic system is not monitoring the vehicles wheel speed.
What he said speed don't matter only rpm. your armature is probably bad in dif you can ohm test it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My rzr 1000 4 is doing the same thing. 4 wheel drive is not working. I just had Polaris install a brand new front diff. I have a lot of play in the front drive shaft i can turn halfway around by hand.

·
Registered
427 Posts
My rzr 1000 4 is doing the same thing. 4 wheel drive is not working. I just had Polaris install a brand new front diff. I have a lot of play in the front drive shaft i can turn halfway around by hand.
Sound's like output shaft in tranny not the diff.

·
Registered
39 Posts
AWD wont engage if your going over 35 MPH, you have to drop below that a good ways sometimes before it will take hold.
Ok I had that clanking noise in my rzr at about 6.5 months and I took it to the dealer and they said the bearing broke free an tore the front diff up. Luckily my RPM1 extended warranty covered everything. However when i asked if the 4wd drive should engage while driving the dealer that my 2015 RZR 1000 only goes into 4wd if i stop the machine.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

I have a cf moto 800 ex for friends to ride and it goes right in while moving... this makes it nice when wanting/needing to switch from 2wd->4wd and back to accommodate different terrains to get the best time on my course.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Ok I had that clanking noise in my rzr at about 6.5 months and I took it to the dealer and they said the bearing broke free an tore the front diff up. Luckily my RPM1 extended warranty covered everything. However when i asked if the 4wd drive should engage while driving the dealer that my 2015 RZR 1000 only goes into 4wd if i stop the machine.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

I have a cf moto 800 ex for friends to ride and it goes right in while moving... this makes it nice when wanting/needing to switch from 2wd->4wd and back to accommodate different terrains to get the best time on my course.
The Dealers and the Owners should open up the Owner's Manual and read it...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts