Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys heres the problem , my rzrzs has quit going into 4wd .my son was was riding on the hardtop had gone about 1/2 mile when he said it acted like he was hitting the brakes and slowed down even though he was giving it gas ,then it popped and grinded a little and freed up .2 days later noticed gear oil dripping out of rear diff.pulled left side axle as I thought it may have popped axle out and went back in and damaged the seal.the seal looked fine and oil is leaking from sidecase just under the seal so it must have a hairline crack in it .it leaked about 6 ounces of oil in over a week.dealer said can't get to it for several days so I decide to fill with oil to ride the snow until then and noticed 4wd isn't working .the light comes on but it won't go into 4wd.what do I need to look at now?

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
rear diff has nothing to do with AWD. if the light comes on then check for voltage at the diff you need at least 11.8 v. If voltage then problem could be warped armature or broken sprague cage inside front diff. Only way to find out is to open and look inside. If under warranty report it to dealer, this is a common problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts