Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How important is switching to a 4 point harness? Have searched and see that many do this upgrade. Are the factory belts that bad?

·
Registered
916 Posts
IMO the stock belts are very uncomfortable and I have heard many people complain that if you end up rolling and have your weight hanging from the belts they will not unbuckle. A set of 4 or 5 points are on my list for future mods.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Probably the smartest thing besides a helmet. Have you ever belted up in a harness? The difference is amazing.

I have the DFR 4 point. They are great for me. There have been a lot of threads on different harnesses. A must have!

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have a 2008 and when I was riding mine the drivers side would mysteriously come unlatch. After less than 10 miles they where replaced with 4-points.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UTV Inc. has the Crow brand. How do they compare to Dragonfire?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I just installed 3 in my New Twisted Stitch bench seat on Sunday. They are great. Should of done it sooner. My stock seat belts would get sand in them and make them very hard to adjust and to release. Great mod to do and for safety reasons also.

·
In His service!
357 Posts
I recently upgraded to the 4pt from super atv - cant beat the price and a huge improvement. I have the sick desire to roll it over just to see how they handle>>>>:shhh:

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
UTV Inc. has the Crow brand. How do they compare to Dragonfire?
You would be happy either way. I am glad to have sewn in padding and a sternum strap.
:ride:
We've had both and we prefer the DFR's (Dragon Fire Racing) wider version. It has only one POC to buckle up where the Crows have multiple. DFR's have a sewn in sternum starp we like to. Easier for us. Just personal preference is all.

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Take a look at these Simpson Racing belts...they really don't advertise them since they try and push their more expensive D3 belts. They're about $115 with pads and a built in sternum strap (a must with stock seats). I do have some cheaper belts available, but some people struggle with the adjustments at times. Simpson adjusters are REALLY nice and smooth.

Ranger/RZR/Rhino/Teryx Offroad Parts and Accessories (alpinesandtoys.com) / Simpson Restraint System - 2" x 2" with Pads and Sternum Strap!

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
One more thing...I've had both the 3x3" and the 2x2" belts with pads. I MUCH more prefer the 2x2" for comfort over the thicker belts. The picture above is a 2x3" belt.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I love my DFR belts, HUGE improvement over the stock ones. But since I drive like an idiot, I ended up adding a 5th point (anti sub strap) from UTV inc, cheap and worth the extra peace of mind.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Another Vote for harnesses, They hold you in and are far safer and more comfortable than the stock belts. I also say go for the 5 point, they keep the belts from riding up and make it more comfortable and safer.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I agree with Jaybo 5 point with a sternum strap is the only way to go. Used them in race cars years ago, saved my bacon more then once. If a person was going to any real rough driving, wrist restraints would be a smart addition.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How hard is it to adjust these? The wifey likes to switch from passenger to driver a lot. I'm 6'2" and she is 5'1". Anything that makes her life more difficult, will make mine a living hell. I called DFR and they have their brand in stock. They are just down the road, so it's convenient. Just worried if they are as good as Simpson or Crow.

·
Registered
522 Posts
When they are new they are a bit of a pain to adjust but as they get broke in it is easier. I have the 3" belts and think they are more difficult than 2" when adjusting the straps. Once you get the hang of it they are not that bad to adjust. Just tell the wife that they are much safer and you don't want her getting hurt over the easiness of the stock belts.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have crow 4-point 2" padded with the stermum strap. As far as safety and comfort they are great except the sternum strap hits my throat so I don't use it. I have found that when riding with others with the 4 independent belts everyone else is gone and 100yds down the trail by the time me and wife get ours hooked up. I am thinking about changing to the style like alpine sand toys showed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I opted for the DFR. Now I just have to hope she likes them!!

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
They are all a bitch to adjust.

Tell her to get over it.......lol ....no disrespect intended...just sounds like it...she will be happy with the safe feeling.

·
SomeGuyFromOlympia
1,782 Posts
Get the five points.....

there is a learning curve with adjustment....but not hard.

I put these in right after I put my helmet on!!!

I got 5-pt 3" and don't regret it

....and yes, if there is weight on the stock buckle, they don't want to come undone

I got mine from Z Bros....right here in the forum. and they were cheaper than the prices that I've seen posted yet....give them a shout

1 - 20 of 29 Posts