Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like I already know the answer, however, am I asking for blown eps fuses and other issues? Id really like the height gain and extra width but if 5+2 is that much better ill go that route. Thanks!

·
Registered
192 Posts
4+3 not good for front. While not without some disadvantages, I went with 32's, 4+3 rear, 5+2 front, works for me!

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I had a XP 900 running 4+3s and loved it. Never an issue with anything after more than 4,000 miles.

Now, I have an XP4T and started out with 5+2 because I was all in the head about scrub. I moved to 4+3, because my aftermarket high clearance forward A Arms would cause the wheel/tire to rub on the lower shock mount because of the 5 in the 5+2. The 4+3 is more stable on off camber situations in crawling. It also looks better IMHO. The argument with 4+3 is scrub. Because you should be running lower tire pressures crawling, you don't "feel" anything extra from the scrub feedback. Just keep an eye on ball joints. But, I've never had a problem. And, if you feel you have an issue with ride height, just adjust your preload. I crawl 75% of the time and would never go back to 5+2.

The next question is how is your machine turning 32s? That's going to be a clutch question. It really depends on your driving style and how heavy your tire/wheel combo is. You may consider at least a clutch kit, if you're crawling. But, a gear reduction is the way to go. It's just more money.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a XP 900 running 4+3s and loved it. Never an issue with anything after more than 4,000 miles.

Now, I have an XP4T and started out with 5+2 because I was all in the head about scrub. I moved to 4+3, because my aftermarket high clearance forward A Arms would cause the wheel/tire to rub on the lower shock mount because of the 5 in the 5+2. The 4+3 is more stable on off camber situations in crawling. It also looks better IMHO. The argument with 4+3 is scrub. Because you should be running lower tire pressures crawling, you don't "feel" anything extra from the scrub feedback. Just keep an eye on ball joints. But, I've never had a problem. And, if you feel you have an issue with ride height, just adjust your preload. I crawl 75% of the time and would never go back to 5+2.

The next question is how is your machine turning 32s? That's going to be a clutch question. It really depends on your driving style and how heavy your tire/wheel combo is. You may consider at least a clutch kit, if you're crawling. But, a gear reduction is the way to go. It's just more money.
Well Ive been talking with hunterworks about the duraclutch and I think im going that route. For the gear reduction im lost, I know I want high range reduction to run like stock and I for sure want a little deeper gear in low.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I would start with clutching. Stock clutch setup and maintained will work great. I recommend slp magnum force clutch kit as it’s tunable without removing anything. I’ve run 27-32” bfg with the same kit. Ran 32” for 2 years without issues. Yes occasional power steering reset but that can happen with stock setup. Wicked built makes heavier duty power steering unit, don’t do the Saturn based kit, too many problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts