Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2021 1000 XP
706 Posts
Nice! Learning how to 3D print is something I need to make time for.

If I may ask, what do you use for a printer? Modeling and slicing software? Thanks for your time answering my noobie questions! ;)

All the best, James

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have a Markforged printer that uses a material they refer to as "Onyx". It seems to be an extremely durable plastic. I'm unsure of its thermal properties. It's wear characteristics are almost as good as Acetal (Delrin). I can also inlay fiberglass or carbon fiber with this one for rigidity. For modeling software, I am using PTC Creo or Solidworks. I have both. For this printer, the software to slice is web based. All i have to do is send an .STL file. The rest of the work is from the web (inlays, density, scaffolding, layer height, pauses. For this one, I have a 5/16-18 nut embedded for the knob to screw into.

·
Registered
138 Posts
We have a Markforged printer that uses a material they refer to as "Onyx". It seems to be an extremely durable plastic. I'm unsure of its thermal properties. It's wear characteristics are almost as good as Acetal (Delrin). I can also inlay fiberglass or carbon fiber with this one for rigidity. For modeling software, I am using PTC Creo or Solidworks. I have both. For this printer, the software to slice is web based. All i have to do is send an .STL file. The rest of the work is from the web (inlays, density, scaffolding, layer height, pauses. For this one, I have a 5/16-18 nut embedded for the knob to screw into.
fdog, clemson726 is using a very high end printer with "exotic" materials and professional software. Don't let this deter you. You can use a Creality Ender Pro and common materials and get good results for a couple hundred $ total investment.

Nice Job Clemson, could you post the files so we can print one too? .stp files are the best to share in case we need to tweak dimensions.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fdog, clemson726 is using a very high end printer with "exotic" materials and professional software. Don't let this deter you. You can use a Creality Ender Pro and common materials and get good results for a couple hundred $ total investment.

Nice Job Clemson, could you post the files so we can print one too? .stp files are the best to share in case we need to tweak dimensions.
I sure will. I’m headed out riding till Monday but I’ll get it then.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Did you see somewhere they 3d printed a house, crazy. Great job on those cup holders clemson726.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I was not able to locate the STL files. Would love to take a run at printing one of these.

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not sure anyone is interested in the other two pieces i've made so far, but the cap on my shifter popped off everytime i pulled back on it so i printed a new shifter knob. I also have the designs for a 8" Samsung tablet in the center location where ride command would go. (i have a base model). It includes a well fit blank that bolts into that location that could be modified for anything (gps, tablet, camera display, audio componet, etc)

·
Premium Member
2014 RZR XP1000
2,084 Posts
Looks great!
I was pretty into the whole printer thing but was having some pretty major problems and sold the printer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts