Discussion Starter #1

·
ALL BLUE
424 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
www.ddmtuning.com

Save some money! ^^^^^ And no the 55watt kit will not melt anything. I have had no problems with mine. The 35watt kit is also very bright and worth every penny.

·
ALL BLUE
424 Posts
P.S. I have had mine in my 4 since I have bought it I got the first one in oklahoma. Even had them totally submerged unbelievably BRIGHT!!!! You will love them and will also love saving the money. I dont know how they are selling these so cheap but I'm getting ready to buy some for my truck too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is where I get turned sideways.

Im looking for a plug and play setup. Is the DDM Kit Plug and play for the 2011.
I also see that people cant seem to decide what bulb to use Some say the 800 and others say the H?? Something, ill have to look for the posts again.

Im getting ready to take off next Friday and need to get it right the first time around.
Simply put, Im a moron and want to be spoon fed an easy to install kit for a reasonable price. :D

·
ALL BLUE
424 Posts
They are plug an play to an extent. you do have to pull the plug harness off and use the oem one. Im telling you i'm no guru at all these were a breeze i will try to find the post that shows you how step by step. SUPER EASY AND WORK GREAT!!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im on their site now looking.
What bulb for the 2011?
Do I need a wire harness?

Im understating my abilities and have no issues with installation of electrical items. Just looking for no splicing of wires or running additional wires to the battery and such.. If I need to change connectors out no big deal.

I do appreciate your help.

·
ALL BLUE
424 Posts
Correct,
You need the 55watt 880 bulb with your choice of color I picked the 6000.
I have been looking for the post of the install and had no luck.
The connector from the one your buying needs taken off and replaced with the one on the rzr. you will have 2- 2wire harness left over you will not need. The connector plug comes off with a very small screwdriver. If you have any ??? at all message me and I will send pics or you can call me.

·
ALL BLUE
424 Posts
Apexcone Raptor Brand HID Kit. I forgot that part

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Errrrr OK Confusion......
The bulb I just took out of my 2011 is an H13
So your saying I need an 880 bulb? Not an H13??

Just need to get this right the first time.

·
ALL BLUE
424 Posts
Crap Eddy just called my dealer they are different. Sorry man but it it looks like the guys on that thread are doing it fine with the H13

·
ALL BLUE
424 Posts

·
TURBO'S RULE
1,772 Posts
Ill ass-u-me this thread says what I need to know.
http://www.rzrforums.net/lighting-stereo-electrical/35159-11-rzr-hids.html

H13 it is. Ill find out soon enough. :D
2011 rzr use high low beam. 2011 RZR is the first rzr to have these.
The old 2008>2010 bulb was 880, a very simple install.

Have read a thread on here that explains you will have more wiring to do on the 2011 hi/low lights.
The high low bulb use a servo to move the bulb in and out of the hi low position in the reflector. Not sure if this is true or not. The poster also said he would post pics. I didn't see the pics, maybe do a search and see if he updated his post with pics and a better explanation of his install. It was last month he posted that.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Ahh so there you are... Welcome to the forum and to the RZR community.. Hang on to your wallet!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I installed the 35W 5000 night before last and they are amazing!!! Me and my buddy both got a set and it cost us $66 shipped. Only $33 each!!! I followed the instructions in the thread below and everything worked perfect. Took longer to zip tie the wires and box in place than it did to install the harnesses and lights. They seemed like they heated the housings just like the stock lights did. I know a lot of guys are running the 55W, but the 35W put out way more light than I expected and definately more than I need... The 5000 was perfect for me because I did not want the blue tint. It has a very slight hint of blue and puts out amazing pure white light. Check out the color charts for the bulbs on the DDM tuning page. Hope this helps.

check out this thread

http://www.rzrforums.net/lighting-stereo-electrical/21283-raptor-v2-hids-install-w-pics.html

here is where to order

HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I ordered in and got the Hi/Low setup.
At first it looked complicated but once I laid it out on the table and looked at it , it isn't. Its just a hot wire from the battery and 2 ground wires.The rest is just the light hookups.

Got everything wired up and WALA!!! NOTHING...........
The Actuators for the Hi/Low work but no light.
Called DDM Tech Support and they took my number and asked to call me back. About an hour and a half later I called them again and got a support person (While I was on the horn with one another called) He asked a few questions but was shooting in the dark and it was apparent he knew the product but didnt have any real life experience with installation. I then took control of the call and advised him of where I had power and where I didnt have it.

He then determined that it was either a bad controller or a bad harness. They will get me another one out on Monday morning. I ordered yesterday and paid to overnight it for a trip I am leaving for in the morning Im disappointed that they didnt work out of the box. I guess my lack of planning for this ahead of time isnt their issue. Ill live without them for this trip.

Hopefully the new setup they send will properly work. I will only have one shot to get it right before I leave on my next trip the following week.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My set didnt work at first either. I thought I had everything correct, but when I went back and double checked everything, I had the wires crossed on one of the plugs. Switched the wires making sure that both plugs were wired the same and they've worked ever since!! Easy mistake, but worth checking...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts