Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to pull the trigger on a turbo s this week or next and I'm wondering how many people are running 35s with stock suspension geometry? I don't want to lift it and I would like to run a non forward style a arm or stock a arm for now. Reason I'm asking is I have a almost new set of 35" roxxzillas on beadlocks already on my rs1 that I would like to use on this turbo s I am buying. I did a quick search but was surprised I didn't really find anything definitive. Also these are 14s but I think I should b ok. They are a 5/2 offset sti wheel. My buddy ran 14" racelines on his turbo s and removed the rock shields from the brakes front and rear and he had no issues.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,673 Posts
Several people I ride with are running 35’s on otherwise stock suspension Turbo S’s, basically swapped the 32’s out on day 1. The only issue I know of any of them having is a broken axle once, and one guy put the Sandcraft steering stabilizer on, but just as a preventative measure. They all stayed with a 15” wheel.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I've heard some 14" will fit but with minimal clearance. I planned on using my 5+2 Methods and OMF wheels on my Turbo S. Surprise they didn't fit.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm interesting to hear that your 5/2 wheels didn't fit. I know method and omf have very thick inner beads that could cause some clearance issues. Guess we will find out if these sti wheels will fit really soon. I know on my rs1 a method 405 beadlock with a 5/2 offset would rub like crazy on my aftermarket a arms at full turn. Then I put these sti 14s on with same offset and they had 3/8" of clearance. Seems these wheel manufacturers have very different specs with same offsets. I do plan on running a set of rhino 2.0 axles and a set of Keller ball joints for extra insurance on 35s. Just really didn't want to buy a arms and trailing arms right now to run 35s if I didn't have to. Seems I will b just fine for clearance tho.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I run my 14” Sedona beadlock wheels on my TurboS I just took the rear plastic wheels scraper off, I only run mine in the dunes.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will update this weekend on if 14" sti 5/2 wheels with 35" roxxzillas fit without issues. Pretty sure I will b fine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Stock suspension and my tender springs are collapsed. (2500miles) run a 5/2 15” beadlocks. Zero issues in over 500 miles.
7FAAF165-7F6C-449B-8A4C-A3CAF78F4ACD.jpeg

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I put 350 miles on over the weekend in Tennessee on the 35s. Absolutely zero issues and no rubbing. Power loss wasn't really noticed. I'm running stage 3aa with full exhaust and charge pipes. So I already couldn't use the power I had to begin with here on the east coast. I also am running 5/2 14" wheels with absolutely nothing removed to run them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Dang that looks good DBR! I just got a new S and I'm Zilla shopping! I tried to run my beloved 14 inch Alba beadlocks but the beadlocks bolts hit the brake caliper. So wheel and tire shopping. So one question...you say you didn't notice much of a power loss but how about gearing? Mine seems to be kinda tall geared in low with the 32 Coyotes.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm getting a set of 35" rockzillas as soon as they come in a 15" wheel size

Edit: looks like that do p/n: TM00117500

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,673 Posts
I'm getting a set of 35" rockzillas as soon as they come in a 15" wheel size

Edit: looks like that do p/n: TM00117500
Better get that wallet out...... they came out about a month ago

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've got aftermarket wheels but they are stock offset. Opinions on rubbing with those 35's?

I've spent a whole lot more on less. 1k ain't bad for a set of good tires. The last set I put on my jeep was $3200

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My opinion is gearing in low is too high on 35s. I will b doing gear reduction very soon. I'm looking at either the 12% in all 3 gears or the much deeper low. Haven't decided yet. As for Alba beadlocks rubbing calipers they did that on the regular xpturbo as well. I believe they changed the design of the inner wheel now to accommodate the xpt and turbo s brakes. And I don't c why stock offset would rub more than a 5/2. And a 5/2 doesn't run anything.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts