Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
I want to add my 2 cents now that I have actually been out on my 35's. Im on 35" rockzillas and I did a 12% across the board gear reduction. I went out last night and did some legit rock crawling on some pretty nasty trails. The 12% in low gear was plenty even on steep inclines going over boulders where the front end was pointed up so high the headlights weren't shining on anything. I am NOT the majority when it comes to gear reduction preference but I honestly dont see how the car is even usable when you do the 33 or 50% reduction. I fell in the back of a line of canned hams that were all struggling to go over stuff at one point that I was just crawling over effortlessly.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
I'm running 12% in high and reverse and 33% in low. I'm as well running 35" roxxzillas. I only run low if I'm crawling or under 10mph. Anything over that I'm in high. Belt is much more happy in high and low especially when really trying to crawl slow. My belt temps are still higher than I would like but the temps did come down with doing the reduction on 35s. I wish I could have 3 speeds like the new speed car. Would definitely give best of everything.

·
Registered
133 Posts
We ride ky, tn, area trails. Installing 53/26/26 gear reduction this weekend if all goes well. Doing my wife’s tube chassis first then look at doing my xpt4. 35” roxxzilla stickies. Looking forward to how it performs. She has no gear reduction now and those 35’s are belt eaters.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts