Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
I tried the tensor ds in the 32 but didn't like it. I felt it was so skinny it made the back of the car feel very unpredictable at speed. That 35" tensor looks interesting. How's the handling of that tire on hard pack?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I tried the tensor ds in the 32 but didn't like it. I felt it was so skinny it made the back of the car feel very unpredictable at speed. That 35" tensor looks interesting. How's the handling of that tire on hard pack?

I think it handles better then the 32”, i had that one on my 1000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2018 XP4 Turbo.

After doing research and and wanting to make the bump up to 35's for a while, I decided to give it a go. I personally spoke at length to Rhys Millen upon his return from prerunning the Baja 1000 AND before that, the San Felipe 250 on Method 401R wheels with 35" Tensors (on a single belt and with zero parts failures related to wheel and tire package), I decided I was going to try running them.I already had some serious upgrades on my XP4 Turbo and still have a few things on my to do list. I have a Madigan Long Travel kit, 300M axles, Turbo S front Diff, Turbo S Clutch Cover, Factory Fox Race Shocks, etc....

Specific to my transition from 32" Tensors to 35"s, I switched from the no offset, to high offset wheels to minimize the scrub radius and stress on the rack. I then replaced the hubs with Hess Racing 7075 Aluminum Race hubs, which reduced my rotating mass by 3 pounds per wheel. And I went to Brandon at Sparks Racing for my clutch work. The Revolution Clutch setup they have uses a proprietary belt that is longer than stock, and the setup actually lowers the overall final drive ratio, which actually fits great with the larger diameter tires and returns top end speed to about the same as a stock setup on 32's. I know my way around off road race cars, but CVT's are just a "Black Box" to me so I just pulled the primary and secondary and sent them to Brandon, who installed the kit, replaced wear items, and had it back out the door to me in 2 days.

The wheel and tire combo weighs in at just over 61 pounds, and the 3 pounds saved by going to the aluminum hubs gives me an equivalent of a 58 pound wheel and tire combo when compared to a stock setup.

I put 400 hard miles on it since Christmas in the whooped out roads around Plaster City testing it and dialing it in. I just returned from Johnson Valley where I spent a week at King of the Hammers where I pre-ran parts of the UTV race course, putting another 200 miles on it. So far, I couldn't be happier..... no belt issues, plenty of power, and it is faster through the big whoops on 35's than it was on 32's.

Weak links I am told are wheel bearings and I will keep a good eye on them. I put new bearings in when I went to the 35's and so far, no noticeable play. I will change them every 1,000 miles as part of maintenance.

On the wish list are either billet or chromoly double shear front spindles, a shock therapy rack, and a slight increase in my front main spring rate to help carry the car through the whoops at the faster speed it is now going.

Attachments

Reactions: Jcard

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have a 2018 XP4 Turbo.

After doing research and and wanting to make the bump up to 35's for a while, I decided to give it a go. I personally spoke at length to Rhys Millen upon his return from prerunning the Baja 1000 AND before that, the San Felipe 250 on Method 401R wheels with 35" Tensors (on a single belt and with zero parts failures related to wheel and tire package), I decided I was going to try running them.I already had some serious upgrades on my XP4 Turbo and still have a few things on my to do list. I have a Madigan Long Travel kit, 300M axles, Turbo S front Diff, Turbo S Clutch Cover, Factory Fox Race Shocks, etc....

Specific to my transition from 32" Tensors to 35"s, I switched from the no offset, to high offset wheels to minimize the scrub radius and stress on the rack. I then replaced the hubs with Hess Racing 7075 Aluminum Race hubs, which reduced my rotating mass by 3 pounds per wheel. And I went to Brandon at Sparks Racing for my clutch work. The Revolution Clutch setup they have uses a proprietary belt that is longer than stock, and the setup actually lowers the overall final drive ratio, which actually fits great with the larger diameter tires and returns top end speed to about the same as a stock setup on 32's. I know my way around off road race cars, but CVT's are just a "Black Box" to me so I just pulled the primary and secondary and sent them to Brandon, who installed the kit, replaced wear items, and had it back out the door to me in 2 days.

The wheel and tire combo weighs in at just over 61 pounds, and the 3 pounds saved by going to the aluminum hubs gives me an equivalent of a 58 pound wheel and tire combo when compared to a stock setup.

I put 400 hard miles on it since Christmas in the whooped out roads around Plaster City testing it and dialing it in. I just returned from Johnson Valley where I spent a week at King of the Hammers where I pre-ran parts of the UTV race course, putting another 200 miles on it. So far, I couldn't be happier..... no belt issues, plenty of power, and it is faster through the big whoops on 35's than it was on 32's.

Weak links I am told are wheel bearings and I will keep a good eye on them. I put new bearings in when I went to the 35's and so far, no noticeable play. I will change them every 1,000 miles as part of maintenance.

On the wish list are either billet or chromoly double shear front spindles, a shock therapy rack, and a slight increase in my front main spring rate to help carry the car through the whoops at the faster speed it is now going.

Beautiful RZR, and great review, in my to do list is those billet aluminum hubs, chromoly spindles, and the shock therapy steering rack as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
I finally got wheels and tires, my setup is raceline wheels and the BFG 10 car 35” tires. My combo weighs 71# and the stock 32” setup weighs 60#. We shall see how it does, I’ve heard good and bad but I don’t beat my stuff so it should hold up.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Assuming the gearing gets adjusted for the larger size, how does the tread and compound of the DS35 work in the rocks of Moab?

The cool thing about our rides is that you can crawl and you can haul... all in the same day and usually just minutes apart Lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
https://photos.app.goo.gl/J8vQqiQMMGG1RPeW8

Here's a picture of mine on 35s just finishing the Rubicon trail. I went with much lower gears in transmission to help compensate.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I sold my stock tires the day I brought her home from the dealer, so I ordered up some Method 405’s and I decided to go with Coyote 33’s. Glad I did as they look really balanced. I may go with 35’s next set along with a regear.

The 33” coyotes measure exactly 33” compared to my 32” Fuel which measured 30 3/4”

Suspension is not settled in these pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I sold my stock tires the day I brought her home from the dealer, so I ordered up some Method 405’s and I decided to go with Coyote 33’s. Glad I did as they look really balanced. I may go with 35’s next set along with a regear.

The 33” coyotes measure exactly 33” compared to my 32” Fuel which measured 30 3/4”

I went with 33" coyotes for a year and liked them, when I looked into the 35" they were 10lbs more per tire (for sure weighed them 55). I ended up with the Fuel Kevlar Gripper 35" at 1lb more than the 33" coyotes. 46lbs weighed on scale for the Grippers.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
How many miles have you put on your 33" coyotes? And what is the terrain u normally ride? Really want a 33 or 35" for a second setup. But really want to keep weight down.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have 2 miles on them lol. The Turbo has no problem spinning the 33’s on asphalt. They do feel pretty heavy though. I’m glad they looked balance cause all in all there is a lot of money in them.

I plan to run mostly desert terrain. They seem to clear fine with no fender trimming on 15x7 5+2.

Honestly not sure I would want to run 35’s now. The Coyote 33’s measure as tall as some 35’s.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have 2 miles on them lol. The Turbo has no problem spinning the 33’s on asphalt. They do feel pretty heavy though. I’m glad they looked balance cause all in all there is a lot of money in them.

I plan to run mostly desert terrain. They seem to clear fine with no fender trimming on 15x7 5+2.

Honestly not sure I would want to run 35’s now. The Coyote 33’s measure as tall as some 35’s.
How wide are you with that setup?

·
Registered
482 Posts

Danm those 33" tires look tall! Very nice machine btw!

·
Registered
163 Posts

? x2

·
Registered
94 Posts

? x2
I think about 75" at the widest point at the front. It fits on an 83" wide trailer with about 3.5-4" clearance on each side.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
The 33" coyotes according to the itp website says they are 33.8" tall and 10.7" wide. Most 33x10s are in the 32.5" range tall and 9.5-10" wide. They should call these a 34x11x15 because the numbers really lean towards that's what they actually are. They are almost a full inch wider and 2" taller than the 32x10 coyotes. Looks like the lug spacing is a bit wider as well with that extra width.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
1,500 miles on them, were about half worn out on the rear, just bought a second pair as backup when not running the 35s. I did moab and run dirt and shale rock most of the time in northwest.

How many miles have you put on your 33" coyotes? And what is the terrain u normally ride? Really want a 33 or 35" for a second setup. But really want to keep weight down.

61 - 80 of 106 Posts