Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'll attempt my first thread and start my RZR4 build here (updating when I can)...

First, let me explain: I have a wife, (2) kids and working on a home addition so my time is limited, please be patient if you care to follow this thread...

Here are a list of items I have coming for my RZR4 and will be installing and reviewing, along with how I installed them.

34" Reflex VisionX LED Light Bar
Tribal Whips 30" Rear Brake/Run/Reverse LED Bar
Fiber Optic Whip
Dash Kit from Concours specialties (including Dakota Digital Speedo)
Dakota Digital Oil & Water Sensors
UTV Crap 60amp Alternator
Wiring through Tubing or Roll Cage
Rugged Radio (4 seat) Intercom w/ Yaesu FT-90 connector
Yaesu FTM-10R Ham Radio
SideXSide Customs HID (Slim Ballast) Headlight Kit
4" Fuego HIDs (pair)

Items Waiting for Funds, as of 8/19/10...

Warn Winch
Front Bumper w/ HID mounts
Rear Bumper
Rear Bench Seat
Billet Items
Wheels/Tires (maybe)

(I would also like to thank all the members here, you've helped me MUCH more than you know...)

Just a little teaser pic...

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do you like that Reflex bar? I believe each of those are 10 watt LEDs in it or about 800 lumens each
That's correct, I've yet to see anyone post about it yet on here... Sorry, I can't comment on performance YET... Still waiting on the dash kit from Greg @ Concours Specialties. But the build is top notch (heavy), VisionX built it with wide lens on the ends and spots on the center (as you may notice in the close-up pic).

I'll post some photos of performance when I get it wired up, EXCITED though!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are a few pics of the through tubing wiring I did last night. The second wire is for my Garmin GPSMAP 396. You can see the 1" RAM Mount ball. The 60amp Alternator should be in today...

Dash kit Friday or Monday, hopefully.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What size hole did you drill to get that grommet in place? Does a hole that size weaken the cage?
Like 3/4" Grommet... I'm sure there is structural integrity lost, if your planning on rolling, I wouldn't suggest doing it if you ride hard or in dunes...

I'm trying to upload pictures, but for some reason they won't upload, keeps failing...

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Those are nice lights, But man they are $$$ My guess is the 1500 price tag is why you haven't seen them on here lol. I've seen a couple of those single 10w Led lights they are very bright.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those are nice lights, But man they are $$$ My guess is the 1500 price tag is why you haven't seen them on here lol. I've seen a couple of those single 10w Led lights they are very bright.
Yes they are bright, my father put a pair of the 4" square units (4 bulbs/each)on his Grizzly 700... VERY BRIGHT!

Really looking forward to seeing what (18) bulbs will do... Patience.:rollfinger:

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
You have more patience than I do... that bar would have been hooked up to the car battery the night it arrived. Its probably not very bright.. just mail it to me and save the time.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You have more patience than I do... that bar would have been hooked up to the car battery the night it arrived. Its probably not very bright.. just mail it to me and save the time.
I was 4" away with the hood up and (4) wires dangling from my fingers...

I just pictured something going wrong... A short, light bar falling into the pulley assembly, etc. I walked away :brick:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.