Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First ride on the 32" Turbo S Coyote take offs we bought and 1st impression is two thumbs up (came from the stock 29" bighorns). I think the most noticeable is the extra ground clearance. Ride is better too. In the dunes, had them at 8lbs and they did great. Same on some fire roads and very light rock crawling. I've been reading most recommend 12lbs for all around pressure? Recommendations?

Also, still trying to figure out the Walker Evans suspension with the new heavier tires. Anyone have a "start point"? Right now I have both front and rear at 8 clicks. Really appreciate any input!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, has anyone piecemealed the Shock Therapy slowly into the complete Stage 4 kit? Budget is always a factor unfortunately.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you're still on topic :)

Before we made the swap I did a lot of reading, searching, and researching. The common answer was "depends". So for what we are doing, which is light duning, fire roads, exploring and non-aggressive "send-it" style driving, I think they're perfect. We gained a few inches of ground clearance which was immediately noticeable going over the tops of dunes, didn't bottom out as much. The ride is improved as well. Not a night and day difference on any level, but I feel it's definitely a positive upgrade so far. The turbo is balls crazy fast, and it did lose some of that snap your neck off low end hold on factor, which I'm good with. If it starts bugging me, I'll clutch it. We didn't buy this to race, compete, or do doughnuts with. It's our "exploring" vehicle to take off road and camp, hit old mining towns (we're in Northern Ca, lots to see here) go to Pismo, Hollister, and just fun places. IF I wanted a balls to the walls machine, I'd go the Turbo S in a two seater :)

Take a look here on clutch kits -

Guy explains it pretty good.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for that. I’m the same way with my 2018 XPT. We run trails out here in the mountains. We are right by Vail, Co. The only reason I bought a new turbo was for the stronger components and the price was the same as the non turbo. I will never use it to it’s full potential. It’s really nice to have it at 13k feet. No power loss in the altitude. That’s the third reason. I will be searching for some 32s now. I’m only at like 50 miles on the machine now. Thanks for the reply and the info.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For sure! It took me two months of searching for the 32's as I see them back east for $600 a set all the time. Finally some presented themselves in CA and we drove an hour and a half to grab em at that price. Good luck!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Frontman - I have a 2019 XPT 4 LE, I purchased in November. I installed a set of Stage 4 Shock Therapy Springs before my first ride. I have since went with a full Fox Bypass Setup.

I have the springs and cross overs, less than 300 miles on them. I will gladly send them your way. PM me if interested.

BTW machine looks awesome with the 32's. I have debated 32's myself. Another idea on clutching would be just order the springs and weights from the 2019 Turbo 4 S. I believe gear ratios are the same on both machines, the Weights maybe the same also. Would need to cross reference them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts