Votes: 14 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What sizes do you want to see in a 30" Pit Bull tire and do you want a tire that is more like our ATV design or LT design? Do you like the Rocker or Growler design more? Do you want the same tread depth as our ATV tires (32/32 front and 36/32 rear)? Do you want the tires to be bias or radial? Currently our ATV/UTV tires are radial 8ply-rated. Weight is a factor, but our 30" if made as an 8ply-rated radial will most likely be 45 lbs. So reducing the tread depth and ply-rating and making the tire a bias may be the trick.

·
“Super Genius”
705 Posts
I am looking for a 14 X 10" x 30" tire.

Stick with 8 ply, and keep it a radial.
Keep weight down by having a reasonable shorter tread, and don't make it excessively wide. (10" would be great)

I want the ultimate rock crawling tire for MOAB.

I have no interest in a deep lug mud tire.

If you make this kind of tire, send me a message & I will take the first set!

·
Registered
272 Posts
i say cut the weight and tread height on your current tires and see if your sales go up. i would buy your rockers right now

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
Personally, I would love to test a set of 30" Growlers. I have 26.5 Rockers and LOVE them

·
Registered
254 Posts
Please dont I just got the growlers in 27.5 and would of loved a 30 so dont make me shoot them so I can get the 30s I havent even taken them on the trail :rofl3: 30x12x14 rear and 30x10x14 front but something to keep the weight down

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I'm glad to see that someone stepped up when SATV stepped down(nothing against them, just saying)

There has been a lot of buzz about people wanting 30's and I'm happy!!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm glad to see that someone stepped up when SATV stepped down(nothing against them, just saying)

Super ATV stepped down...what do you mean exactly...did they stop making their tire? Why?

Also...what tread depth do people want? There's been comments about less than what we have....so I'm thinking maybe 28/32nds to save on weight or maybe 30/32nds?

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
^^ X2 and the tread can stay @ 1" (32/32)

·
Registered
2,007 Posts

Super ATV stepped down...what do you mean exactly...did they stop making their tire? Why?

Also...what tread depth do people want? There's been comments about less than what we have....so I'm thinking maybe 28/32nds to save on weight or maybe 30/32nds?
I was told they were focusing on their mud tires(Terms) more than the All-Terrain aspect.

Rockers or Growlers would be good!

Don't let the above news deter you from making us a tire we want as there is going to be a chit ton of people wanting them. Who knows they might have received a letter from Maxxis regarding their Bighorn look a likes.

LISTEN TO THE MASSES MY OFFROAD BRETHREN

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right now our ATV tires are 8ply-rated radials made in the USA. You know the pricing on these...as well as the quality. If made in USA...the quality will be top-notch and we can make an 8ply-rated radial NON-DOT 30" radial tire that will flex and hold up to the abuse. But the expense will be there.

It seems that most people want us to make the ATV tread design version versus the LT Growler version. But we've had some people say that if we do an ATV version, they'd prefer the Rocker pattern because it is more like an LT design. Thoughts?

30x950R12, 30x950R14 - some want a 30x10-12(14) but in reality our 950 will be wider than other people's 10...so no problem.

30x12R12, 30x12R14

8ply-rated RADIALS (non-DOT)

Tread depth 28/32nds versus our current tread depth of 36/32nds

Now the questions I have are:
1. Rocker vs Growler ATV design?
2. 28 vs. 36/32nds tread depth?
3. Made overseas 6ply-rated BIAS or made in USA 8ply-rated Radial (which will cost much more)?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Lugs are kind of far apart, but again I am used to LT tires not ATV tires. I just believe that tires need to start being developed specifically for Side by Sides. I understand that this in turn would not be a cost effective venture for most tire manufacturer's but a 28"-30" tire for a 14" rim that resembles and works as well as the LT tires currently being produced for Rocks (think AT tread pattern) without the Growler look (which I am personally not a fan of) would be my ultimate dream tire. Unfortunately I bet this isn't an option :(

·
Registered
470 Posts
I can tell you that none of the 20 riders in my group will buy a ATV rocker. but several WILL buy a Growler including myself. as far as the 6 ply vs 8 ply I really think both would sell very well. 6 ply for the 800 cc or less machines and the 8 ply radial for the 900 crowd. JMHO.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
I'm for the growler pattern.

Rocker has a purpose... rocks. That's why the lug spacing to grip and find a foothold, suction cup effect. Also stickier compound, but less wear. I think they got it right the first time and should stick to the program with size changes.

Keep it made in USA. If people want Chinese products, there's plenty of options out there for them.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Dont shorten the tread depth, thats where your biting grip is. They will get lighter with age and if 5 to 10 lbs is to much weight for you then drop it some where else on your rig. leave your lunch behind. LOL

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dont shorten the tread depth, thats where your biting grip is. They will get lighter with age and if 5 to 10 lbs is to much weight for you then drop it some where else on your rig. leave your lunch behind. LOL
Doesn't work that way. Rotational weight and force at the end of your axles doesn't equate to leaving the cooler behind...:rofl3:

1 - 20 of 127 Posts