Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I installed 28" Mongrels on 15" STI rims on my Jagged X, had them high speed balanced at a local tire shop with tape on weights, and I LOVE them.. Got them for Mena Ar where we ride a lot of logging roads, county roads etc and the Bighorns are noisy and pavement eats them up quickly.. Had intentions to put the Bighorns back on for dirt and rocks, but the Kanati's have performed JUST FINE.!! Only time the Bighorns are better is mud, and if I'm in enough deep mud that I need the Bighorns, it was an accident.. X already has modded clutch, which is the BEST money anyone can spend on ANY RZR, (stock clutching puts performance at the bottom of the performance curve, I've used HPD clutches in ALL my RZR's with very noticeable performance advantages from hole shot to time to top speed to better engine braking, and it ALWAYS gets the engine in a better 'sweet spot' to reduce bogging, help performance, and extend belt life.. JS..) Don't know if Darrell is a 'site sponsor', but he's an ex polaris engineer and knows his stuff.. (High Performance Designs, Inc)..
Anyway, the Kanati Mongrels are awesome, albeit heavy, and work great, run smooth and quiet, and (in my mind) are less prone to punctures due to 'more tread', less exposed tire carcass.. I've run them in rocks, crawling, sand (not dunes, I have paddles for that), gravel / dirt roads, trails, everything from 5mph trails to 70mph blasting down the road.. They were worth it..! 30's.? I had no need to go that tall.. (next is to get my walker evans shocks upgraded to needles with dual rate springs, but that's another topic..) Hope yours work for you, I'd like to hear how that turned out for you..

·
Registered
815 Posts
Forward A Arms or fender mod required for sure with 30's. I have to do the mod on my 28" Mongrels as they were slightly touching the mud flap yesterday.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Forward A Arms or fender mod required for sure with 30's. I have to do the mod on my 28" Mongrels as they were slightly touching the mud flap yesterday.
I've had 28" Mongrels on my Jagged X for about 400 miles now, and they're working quite well. VERY satisfied.. Like Bidedmond said, they very slightly rubbed the tab that holds the mudflap, but only on the passenger side on my unit.. I actually loosened all the screws that hold the fender on, slid the fender back and up as far as possible, then retightened.. No more rubbing. If clearance becomes an issue (with mud buildup or whatever) I'm going to do the fender mod illustrated in the link above, but so far, no need. We've also added the EMP mud flaps and love the extra coverage.!! The instructions were a little vague, but we figured it out, relocated a couple holes, added a couple push pins, and they work quite well. RZR XP900 Fender Extensions

21 - 25 of 25 Posts