Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to forum and tried to search but I am about to trade for a 2009 RAZR and the seller just told me that when he went to ride it today the AWD light came on but on the hill where he checks it the fronts did not kick in today like they always do. It has been sitting for some time, he never uses it. He tells me that he never used the AWD that much anyways. I know nothing about them except that I really want one and now I am worried.
Is this common? Changine the diff fluid fix it? That is want he is doing tonight. I did search and the front Diff sounds like it could be a problem. What do you think?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Re: 3 hrs from buyin my 1st RAZR BUT seller telling me that AWD light on but NOT Work

could be the sprague (or however you spell it) carrier They are plastic, or he may have turned on the awd after the rears lost traction, in that case they wont engage, or they did engage an he is confused?j just my 2 cents

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 3 hrs from buyin my 1st RAZR BUT seller telling me that AWD light on but NOT Work

he told me that when he changed the oil some plastic came out, must be the sprag. Wonder how much it is to replace?

·
Registered
918 Posts

Super ATV has a video on how to change it, not to bad. Price anywhere from $175 to $350.
I would guess the plastic was the roller cage.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts

Pretty common.. So much so the 2011 models come stock with a metal cage now.. Staying in the throttle when jumping in AWD or hitting AWD while moving can do it also. I would ask him to knock atleast 400 off the price. Maybe 500 or tell him you want it fixed before you buy it.. It would be a good idea to buy the Holz cage since it comes complete ready to drop in.. If his has been busted for a while I wouldn't want to reuse the rollers..

·
King of crash!
31,881 Posts

hit him up for a 450 discount... the diff is easy to remove....like said earlyer super atv has a great video on their web site on how to do it

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts

Pretty common.. So much so the 2011 models come stock with a metal cage now..
We've actually found a few 2010's with the new metal sprague installed from the factory. So far no word from Polaris as to when the change took place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts