Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 XP 902 seater turns out the guy really liked mud don’t know if the valves are broke or watt don’t want to pull the motor out at home we fix valves would like to redo the entire engine come to find out that cost a lot of money was thinking about taking my 2000 arctic cat 1000 mL two-stroke motor andFabricating it into there I have a buddy that skilled at fabricating and the snowmobile is running with all the parts that I would need what do you all think

·
Registered
138 Posts
it would sound cool as hell, for sure.

I have a 2013 XP 902 seater turns out the guy really liked mud don’t know if the valves are broke or watt don’t want to pull the motor out at home we fix valves would like to redo the entire engine come to find out that cost a lot of money was thinking about taking my 2000 arctic cat 1000 mL two-stroke motor andFabricating it into there I have a buddy that skilled at fabricating and the snowmobile is running with all the parts that I would need what do you all think

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Well, I personally hate everything about 2-strokes, but it’s your RZR and your money, so whatever peels your banana...

·
Registered
621 Posts
If you’re talking about the 1000 thundercat triple then a few things come to mind. Triple pipes would be a SOB to make fit, powerband of a 2-stroke is different and you won’t have the 4-stroke low end torque, power bands are peaky and that’s a high RPM motor. I’m all for making a motor fit but there’s no way I would retrofit a 2-stroke.

Have you disassembled your motor to see what’s wrong with it?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Low end power isnt much of a concern with the cvt. Yiu could definitely make a 2 stroke work well. Not saying I would do it, but I do love a 2 stroke. Banshees and quadzillas still have a place in my heart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts