Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first i would like to say thanks to g force racing for the totally redesigned fox shocks thanks gary
i would also like to thank rzr tech for the new dual rate springs
thanks andy
i took the car out today i did 34 miles total
i would have liked to have done more but alot of snow build up in the trees
and i was riding on my own
i installed the above redesigned shocks and new springs
i set up the pre load fronts at 1/4"
and rears at 1/2 " gave me 13" g /c at front and 12" g/c at rear
along with the new shocks
the machine seemed like it was floating over everything that was thrown at it,
the wife did not complain of sore back or tell me to slow down either
and her verdict was it is night and day improvement
and the rebound setting were adjusted by g force front 12 clicks out from max hard
and rears 10 clicks out from hard

at this time i do not think i need any more adjustment
yes it was worth all the money invested and i am a happy camper
i can,t thank these guys enough
i highly recommend sending you shocks to g force racing to have
gary customise your shocks for you to enjoy the full potential of the ride
and to purchase rzr tech dual rate springs
you cannot go wrong with this combination:)

·
Premium Member
16,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks neil
yes i am very happy with this combination
i am not scared to spend money if i have gained full potential of my suspension ride
i would honestly say the shocks are no longer foxes in fact i cannot even see the label any more with a large g force sticker over them,
i recommend talking to gary over there
i really respectfully don,t want to give up any trade secrets he has done to these

·
Go Big or Go Home!
1,650 Posts
It feels like the front rebounds to fast, I would like to have this slowed down as well. Right now I have very little preload on the front to minimize the feel when it does it. If you up the pre load to 1-1.5" it gets real loud..

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Sounds good I'm going to ride mine as is at the jamboree and see how they do. May back the preload off a little if the noise is aggravating.

·
Premium Member
16,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Bill, did you ride enough to notice if the noise is gone when the front end unloads?
Thanks
It feels like the front rebounds to fast, I would like to have this slowed down as well. Right now I have very little preload on the front to minimize the feel when it does it. If you up the pre load to 1-1.5" it gets real loud..
the dynamics of my shocks are not the same as the oem ones
but just a suggestion
have you guys tried adding stiffening up the rebound
by making them harder not softer? this would slow them down this should rid the noise
just a thought

·
Registered
165 Posts
Glad you enjoyed the new set up @Bloody Bill, thanks for the ride review. Your set up is a complete valve change from the stock 900s fox shocks and we added some of our xp900 parts and knowledge to this set up to get the ending result. The 900s in stock form can ride rough on slow low speed and still blow thru the stroke on big hits, rebound damping control was very lacking also, so a total change was needed. The test set up we took even farther with lock out collars for some extra adjustability. Keep us posted on more seat time and if help is needed, please give me a shout. Gary

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Bill, did you ride enough to notice if the noise is gone when the front end unloads?
Thanks
but just a suggestion
have you guys try adding stiffening up the rebound
by making them harder not softer? this would slow them down this should rid the noise
just a thought
Bill I was actually thinking about bumping the compression up some in the front to see how it affected rebound. Thanks for helping me make my decision.

·
Premium Member
16,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks
but just a suggestion
have you guys try adding stiffening up the rebound
just a thought
Bill I was actually thinking about bumping the compression up some in the front to see how it affected rebound. Thanks for helping me make my decision.
jody
thats what we are all here for
yea and i hope g force racing explanation made sense too

1 - 15 of 15 Posts