Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the RZR world, just bought our first RZR this spring. We picked up a 2017 900 S with lows miles. Looking at a wheel and tire upgrade. I'm trying to decide between Maxxis Carnivores 28x10x14's or 29x9.5x15's. I want to put the biggest tire on that I reasonably can with out running into power and rubbing problems. I know the 28's are the safe choice. But, you know, ground clearance with the 29's is tempting. Just wonder what people are running for tires and how they're working out.

I know I can add a tune and gain a few more hp. I'll probably do that eventually. I want ground clearance but don't want something that will bog it down too much. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I ran into a lot of clearance issues where we ride, lots of rutted out trails that would swallow up your tires and grind my A-arms so def needed more clearance so I added

SATV forward offset high clearance A-arms
32"EFX Motoclaws

Those 2 made a huge difference clearance wise with no tire rub but wanted a bit more so added

SATV 3" lift kit

With the lift the RZR has awesome clearance now ....big rocks, rivers, stumps, logs, huge ruts no problem now

So if you want max clearance (without portal hubs) def consider some forward offfset A-arms then 29"- 33" is easily possible

·
Registered
18 Posts
I put 29” bighorns on my 900 xc and had rubbing up front when I made my turns I eventually had to go with satv conversion kit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I think I may go with the 29's and add the off-set arms if I have to. Not too expensive and sound easy to install. I found a few posts where guys are running 29's and they barely clear, other have some rubbing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put 30X10X14 Carnivores on mine. Stock suspension with zero rub.
Any other upgrades? Clutch kit. I'm actually thinking of putting the same tires on 14" bead-locks. I figured I'd buy the offest A-arms if I had to. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any pictures? I'd love to see how those 30" carnivores look on a 900 S. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here you go. They are mounted on STI HD bead locks. No clutch work yet as I haven’t really needed it yet. I’m sure I will upgrade it this winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here you go. They are mounted on STI HD bead locks. No clutch work yet as I haven’t really needed it yet. I’m sure I will upgrade it this winter.
So no clutch work and you can turn those big tires fine? Wow. I think I just found my next upgrade. That looks soooooooo much better than the 28 inch tires I have on mine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
No issues turning them at all. I haven’t done anything crazy with them only trail riding. 45mph and below seems to work just fine. I’m not riding in the dunes or rock crawling. AA tune is all she’s got right now.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I run 30s, and if I had the chance I'd do offset front A arms and 32s!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks awesome. That really helps. I'm definitely going with the 30's. What wheel off-set are your running? I'm pretty sure stock is 5+2 (6+2 rear). I was thinking of going with 4+3 to get a little wider stance. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks awesome. That really helps. I'm definitely going with the 30's. What wheel off-set are your running? I'm pretty sure stock is 5+2 (6+2 rear). I was thinking of going with 4+3 to get a little wider stance. Thanks!

STI HD5 14x7 5 +2.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts