Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright guys I just bought my 2010 RZR S last Friday. It is all shiny and new and rides good and all that fun stuff. I told myself I was not gonna put Outlaws on this thing but dang Im already looking at them. I ran 29.5's on my AC 650 H1 and it broke the stock axles like toothpics. How are the RZR's holding up? I know the first weak link will be the axles then I guess the sprague or whatever in the front end?? What else? I wouldnt mind putting a lift on it (2-3") maybe a Catvos or Racertech? Any other recommendations? I ride pretty hard and its hard for me to let off the gas.....lol. Thank goodness the Rhino axles are out and half price. Let me here yall's thoughts.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i have a racertech on mine no problems when i had my 30s silverbacks now i have 32s and i blew my front diff pulling out my buddys toyota but other than that nothing yet( i blew the front diff with stock axles)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Go with racertech lift, I have one and it is good. Don't bother with sprague until you have issues, I haven't yet? My thoughts are don't buy until you break something. Polaris parts are better than people give them credit for. I jump mine and everything and absolutely nothing wrong with it. You going to part with stock wheels and tires? I am interested in buying if you are. Good luck and welcome to the addiction.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a "S" with 29.5 outlaws and I've been in lots of mud with the factory axles and havent had a problem yet. I recently installed a CATVOS 3" lift because of all the sag I had after it was covered with mud. Its done fine so far with the lift and the factory axles but I will be buying an after market set just in case one happens to break but so far so good.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay so it sounds like they are good to go. I still like to ride mine hard on the trails and jump it and stuff (other than mud) Will I have problems that way? I see so much stuff like motor mounts, frame reinforcements, etc, etc and I wonder if I really need all that. The things I "think" I do need are front bumper to protect the radiator better, UHMW skid and a new airfilter or something to combat the dreaded dirt in the TB. I WILL put snorkels on for peace of mind. Any special offset wheels or spacers needed with the S model to keep them from rubbing in front or on the motor mounts?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was snapping axles with my Moto MTC 26s and a 3" CATVOS lift. I upgraded to 31" Outlaws and have been through waay more mud than before and so far no problems to report. Polaris axles btw. I think the key is that with the other tires with less bite, I had to get them spinning to move and when they caught traction they would bite hard and break stuff. With the big Outlaws, all you have to do is ease through the mud and it will pull itself out. If you can be easy on the gas when you need to be, you'll be ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts