Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, its that time again. The chili Cook-off up in Crown King is Saturday Oct 6th. We will have a group staging at the Bradshaw Mnt OHV area. We plan on meeting up about 7 am and leaving in stages about 7:30 or so. The chili cook-off is $15 pp for the chili tasting and ICB's.
Lets show our support for the community of Crown King since its been a rough summer for them due to the Gladiator fire. Lets get a list going of who may want to go.........

·
Registered
142 Posts
Chili and Beer Oh Yeah!

Here is the exact location of the Bradshaw Mnt OHV area Wally is going to stage at. Paste link below into Loogle maps.
33.950422,-112.313282

Driving directions:
West on HYW 74 (Carefree Hwy) from I-17

Right turn at N Castle Hot Springs Rd. drive about 5miles

Left at stop sign (still is Castle Hotsprings rd)
Turns into dirt rd for a few miles go on bridge over lake

Right turn at Cow Creek Rd drive for about 2miles
At top of hill on right you will see the OHV entrance.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chili and Beer Oh Yeah!

Here is the exact location of the Bradshaw Mnt OHV area Wally is going to stage at. Paste link below into Loogle maps.
33.950422,-112.313282

Driving directions:

Good directions there John.

Come on guys.....get on board..............

·
Registered
142 Posts
The ride to Crown King from this staging area is about 25-30 miles. So you can do round trip on a tank of gas. They do have gas in Crown king if you need it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We have a group of sxs that want to go up saturday morning and spend saturday night. Is it ok to leave a truck and trailer at Bradshaw staging area overnight?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yes it's ok to leave your truck&trailer overnight. We have a friend that will be camping out there, and should be others due to the event so it won't be out there alone.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes it's ok to leave your truck&trailer overnight. We have a friend that will be camping out there, and should be others due to the event so it won't be out there alone.
Thanks for the info! We have never been up that way before, and excited to try a new trail Any idea of road conditions? thanks for reply.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info! We have never been up that way before, and excited to try a new trail Any idea of road conditions? thanks for reply.
The roads to the staging area are usually pretty good. The trail could have some washed out areas midway or so from all the rains the last month.
Look for us at the staging area- I will be driving a red F-250 w/ 2 rxrs, blurryvision will also have a red f-350 and XP 4. We will probably park close to our buddy that is staying up there. He's got a white chevy 3500 and white 5th wheel toyhauler and a pink Rhino. Can't miss the Pink Rhino....lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
That sounds great, we will have a blue F250, a white xtra cab chevy and a suburban. We are bringing two robby gordon rzr 4's, and a silver rzr s. Maybe some more rzr's. We are coming from the east valley, plan on meeting at 730-8:00am.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That sounds great, we will have a blue F250, a white xtra cab chevy and a suburban. We are bringing two robby gordon rzr 4's, and a silver rzr s. Maybe some more rzr's. We are coming from the east valley, plan on meeting at 730-8:00am.
Sounds good......we'll be looking for ya.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Chili and Beer Oh Yeah!

33.950422,-112.313282

Driving directions:

Yeah! Finally, someone with understandable directions to the staging area! Thanks man. I'm with the group going up with FrankyD. We were thinking of renting camping spots at the lake for our vehicles/trailers and paying all the fees, but after reading this on the forum, maybe we'll just park them at the staging area. Especially is someone is going to be camping there.

So a followup question would be...how clearly is the trail marked from the staging area on up to Crown King? The Google map looks like there's quite a few turns to make. Could you provide some directions for that as well?

Many thanks! Looking forward to seeing you guys on Saturday.

Steve

·
Registered
862 Posts
This sounds like fun. I would like to get out and meet some more of the locals. I will check things out and see if I can get away so I can join the crowd from the east valley.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Chili and Beer Oh Yeah!

33.950422,-112.313282

Driving directions:

Yeah! Finally, someone with understandable directions to the staging area! Thanks man. I'm with the group going up with FrankyD. We were thinking of renting camping spots at the lake for our vehicles/trailers and paying all the fees, but after reading this on the forum, maybe we'll just park them at the staging area. Especially is someone is going to be camping there.

So a followup question would be...how clearly is the trail marked from the staging area on up to Crown King? The Google map looks like there's quite a few turns to make. Could you provide some directions for that as well?

Many thanks! Looking forward to seeing you guys on Saturday.

Steve
Actually have done some further research and think I've got the thing mapped out now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts