Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
kensnider
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 1000s stock except for springs, tires and wheels. I am how running 28x10x14 Sedona ripsaws. They are doing well but am looking at the terrabite for a more hard pack all around and some pavement tire. Thinking of going up to 30" even though I have never had a problem going anywhere with the 28' ripsaws. If I have been happy with the 28" should I just stay with that size or will I be missing out on the advantages of the larger tire. Do the plusses of the larger tire out weigh the negatives of the smaller tire. Anyone with a 1000s that went to 30" regretted it and went back to a smaller tire. If at any time I will be needing clutch work with the 30" I will stay with the 28"

·
Registered
503 Posts
Running 30" Terrabites on a General 4. Only suspension upgrade/lift is the Shock Therapy RIS2. No clutch work needed, but ride mainly trails in Low.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
If your happy with 28's, I would stick with that size.

I'm a dealer and have ran Ripsaws, Blackwaters, ect.

I had 28" Blackwater Evolutions on my '17 1000s and really liked them, although they wore very quickly.
I'm on the east coast (very rocky).

At the advise of my AMS Tire rep (Parts Unlimited), I decided to try the AMS M1 Evil in a 28".

These things are just what I was looking for!

They have an 1" deep tread (Terrabite's are 3/4), are pretty sticky and do mud way better than I would have expected. I beat the snot out of them and never had a flat. These things supposedly did the Baja 500 without a flat.

I sold the 1000s and bought an '18 XPT Dynamix - sold the original wheels and tires immediately.
I installed beadlocks and 30" Evils.
700 miles of PA Rocks, Royal Blue, ect and not one puncture. I have riding buddies that swear by the Carnivores, but they are riddled with plugs.
The 2 guys that I usually ride with both went with the Evils, and none of us have had a puncture.
-We all have Turbos and we drive like we are competing for a GNCC win!

Do yourself a favor and check 'em out.

20181003_175743.jpg

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have 30'' terrabites on sti bead-locks and love the clearance, tire wear, and traction(unless its sloppy mud then they are terrible). That being said I had to re-clutch mine for the added tire height and rotating mass from the bead-locks. I was burning belts left and right so I went with Hunterworks full kit. I also have a lot of extra weight in winch and bumper front and rear with other add-ons... stereo, roll-bar, nerf bars, etc.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm running 30" Motovators and have no issues. Sometimes I do wish it was geared a little lower for rock crawling but for my riding style they are great. If you hammer down a lot, they are heavier so the clutch kit might not be a bad idea. I'm usually moderate on rocky trails and the occasional sand bar. Never a puncture or issue of any kind. The extra clearance when rock crawling is what I was after.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Tire related question:

I have the stock Dirt Commanders on my 2017 1000S which now has 1600 miles on it over the last six months. I use it near-daily as both fun and farm use. I'm not particularly interested in lifting the cart, and neither am I interested in running bigger wheels and tires that, as an auto mechanic, I presume will stress the bushings and bearings. I ride on everything from bumpy meadows, to tight, technical trails in the Paul Bunyan, to fire roads, to ditch banging into town.

I also stud the tires in winter for grins and giggles on frozen lake ice and extra traction on trails and frozen roads.

Should I simply get another set of dirt commanders or is there a flatter, more road-worthy tire I can try that is the 26" size?

God, I love winter!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts