Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rocker Uber XORs available February 1. If interested, place your orders now to lock-in pre 7% price increase prices.

8ply-rated with extra deep rim guard.

27.5x9R12
27.5x11R12
27.5x9R14
27.5x11R14

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If we were going to make a larger size tire...in the 30 to 31" range....what width would people want and what kind of tread pattern (Rocker or Growler?)...and would you want the tread pattern to be like the ATV tread pattern or more like our LT tread pattern? 14" & 15"???

If we make a larger 30 to 31" tire?
1. width?
2. tread pattern (Rocker or Growler...or maybe Maddog???)
3. ATV or LT pattern?
4. rim size choices? 12, 14, 15?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I would like a 30X14X12w rear and a 30X14X10w front "growler". may even like to see a 6ply 30" due to the excessive weight that would be in a tire that size. I love your tires and would buy a 30 in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hmmmm...Good questions. I would also think that weight would be a priority going to a tire that large. That being said, 9" and 11" would be preferable to a wider tire, assuming they don't end up looking like cookie cutters. Maybe a 29.5" tire since yours run a little large anyway. I haven't ever run a Growler, but I have nothing but good things to say for the Rockers. I absolutely love the 8 plies and the rim guards, and traction on the East Coast trails is unbelievable. Definately stick with the ATV pattern. There are already lots of choices if one wanted to go with a DOT tire. Rim size? Well, personally, I would pick 14". Plenty of choices in wheels and the look would still be very proportional, not to mention it would also be a place where weight savings could occur. Thanks for asking!

·
Registered
706 Posts
What is the better tire for mud,trail and snow conditions for us east coast riders, The Rocker or Growler in your opinion.:rollfinger:

·
Registered
71 Posts
IMHO the Rockers. But it is also very debatable. I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
470 Posts
rockers dont cut the mustard in the Tennessee terrain, you CAN NOT FOLLOW a set of big horns or even close to a set of Growlers their are 20 buggys in my group and several run the Rockers but NOT ONE bought a second set. look at the tread pattern on the buggy that climbed Violator in the Alabama hill climb, those tires were swamplights but basic tread pattern is same as the Growler. I can speak for about 20 of us that will not buy rockers again. and there isnt a better tire out there in the snow than the Growler. maybe a studded terra cross.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
If we were going to make a larger size tire...in the 30 to 31" range....what width would people want and what kind of tread pattern (Rocker or Growler?)...and would you want the tread pattern to be like the ATV tread pattern or more like our LT tread pattern? 14" & 15"???

If we make a larger 30 to 31" tire?
1. width?
2. tread pattern (Rocker or Growler...or maybe Maddog???)
3. ATV or LT pattern?
4. rim size choices? 12, 14, 15?

30 x 10 x 14
Growler would be great
ATV pattern
14 for sure

After SATV bailed on us for the 30" Dom's we are looking for a replacement.

BRING IT ON :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts