Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Boozin' and Crusin'
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked some questions in another post but i thought i might get more views with a new post. I have searched and i see that some people say they will fit, others say i will need spacers or wheels. I really dont want to do either, but if i do need spacers can i get away with a 1''? Trying to stay as narrow as possible. Thanks for takin the time to read this and helping me out.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Brady, I just answered a thread about this on the general discussion labeled Bighorns something.
If this doesn't answer your ?s, let me know and I'll reply,
John

·
Boozin' and Crusin'
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. So it looks like i def need a spacer. Can i get by with a 1'' or do i need more? I dont want to gamble and buy 1'' spacers and have them just barely not work. If i need 1.5s so be it.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I'm only running 2" but I think 1.5" would work. I would recommend solid billit spacers for they do take some abuse. Sorry I can't help you with where I got mine it was over two years ago,
John

·
Boozin' and Crusin'
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Can anyone else chime in and say for sure if 1.5'' spacers are enough?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have 26'' Bighorns on my 12'' le wheel and i had to get 1.5'' spacers. I picked up the
1'' ones hoping to use them but they just didnt quite make it so i used the 2'' ones and took the 1'' ones back. I put them on mine about a year ago i cant tell you what brand they even are, the only thing i know for sure is they are 1.5

·
hey ya'll watch this....
1,304 Posts
I bought 26' bighorns to put on my le 12's and had to get 1.5 spacers... works good...... :ride:

·
Registered
666 Posts
have 1.5 and clears motor mount barely at full droop, but does clear. I'm using the bighorn 2.0 however and it's 26x11x12.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im thinking about doing this to,still have stock tires & LE wheels on my 08 RZR with 2" spacers. But maybe going 27" bighorns with a 2" lift. Any input?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Stick,first of all, welcome to the form, either we haven't done a goof enough job getting out the word about this great site or you have been a lurker for a long time. Now your question.
Since I bought my 08 back in april 08 I haven't followed the tire sizes of different models, so I'll assume that you are going from a 25" to a 27" diameter with added width. If this is so you will notice a loss of power because of the increase of circumference and added power to push the width. You can do a clutch mod to recover some but the stock engine only has so much power (that is why I installed a Turbo). With the increase height of the tire and a 2" lift you will be adding some serious clearance and also some loss of stability do the the center of gravity (CG) raising. If you are running the stock shocks and springs you may feel less control. The reason is the increase of unsprung weight from the tires works the shocks and the stock shocks doesn't have any adjustment for this.
My thought is the lift is a good idea, I have one, and one inch larger tire most do and are satisified. I went from a 25" bighorn to a 25.5" Pittbull and am happy with the results,
John

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the input. I have only had my RZR a couple months, love it. Still stock butt I got the bug if my budget can take it. Lots of good info. on here Thanks.

·
Boozin' and Crusin'
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the help everyone. When it comes to dropping 150.00 for wheel spacers i think i might just buy wheels. Seems to make more sense. Its somthing im going to think about the next couple days. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Well, Speed, for thought, if you buy wheels to increase your width, you will need to change wheels to get back to 50",
John

·
Boozin' and Crusin'
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know what you are saying. I think i can spare a few inches. I will keep my stock wheels and tires for places that 50'' might be a better set-up. I will just have to sacrifice a little ground clearance. I just cant have my cake and eat it too i guess!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Ok, Brady, now I understand and agree with you. I thought you were speaking about your only stock set of tires. As I sit here I'm looking @ my RZR with a set of stock tires and my love, my set of Pittbulls lashed on the trailer behind it. To drive the Piaute system I need to "Tire down" but the trails are worth it,
John

1 - 16 of 16 Posts