Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you made Polaris in the US prices would jump at least 30%+ due to our higher cost of living that would have to be passed on to the consumer. That's one of the reasons so many things have left the US. We may live better than many places in the world, but that comes at a cost.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
If you made Polaris in the US prices would jump at least 30%+ due to our higher cost of living that would have to be passed on to the consumer. That's one of the reasons so many things have left the US. We may live better than many places in the world, but that comes at a cost.
I pay that price every day and have zero problem paying it. It's called quality over "who can we get the part from for the lowest price".

·
Registered
777 Posts
I pay that price every day and have zero problem paying it. It's called quality over "who can we get the part from for the lowest price".
Indeed. Definitely a point of pride especially considering Indians are built in the USA

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Indian's are taking a hit because of tariffs to. They rely on world sales and the US alone doesn't buy enough. So the tariffs from overseas sales are taking a big hit especially in Europe.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
You are correct here to a degree, but how is it that Suzuki, Honda, and Arctic Cat (maybe others) can all manufacture their ATVs/UTVs in the US and stay competitive in the market with their pricing?

·
Registered
70 Posts
RZR pricing also surprising dropped (significantly) yesterday at Polaris's biggest dealers. Abernathy's price dropped $1300 on a XPT from 5/1 to now and Pro X Powersports who was cheaper than Abernathy's this month on the XPT dropped $1K (other models also dropped, but I've been watching XPT pricing since January).

My guess is that since Polaris's stock has taken a bath this week (down ~10%), they are urgently trying to drive up sales - or maybe they knew I was waiting for a good deal on an XPT (I pulled the trigger and lucked out with timing). Pricing now is cheaper than it was in March!

Buy up now if you're looking for a deal.

·
Registered
33 Posts
30%???? Please don't take this personally but that's bullshit. While labor is a significant part of their conversion cost their raw materials are easily their largest expense. It's easier to off-shore their production to China than to actually work to reduce those conversion costs thru efficiency improvements, better inventory controls, & process waste removal (production, administration, engineering, sales, and marketing must all be included) etc.

I led such efforts in several large industrial corporations. Our efforts resulted in the corporations significantly increasing net income, shareholder value, and lastly revenue. Using these technics (Lean, Six Sigma, etc.) are how Honda, Nissan, Toyota, & VW and others compete using US labor. But this takes work and investment in the labor force.

Sorry, but this is a hot-button of mine. It's lazy management in many instances and the board of directors that govern these executives would be best served to remove them.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
If most actually knew how many things on a RZR came from chine it would blow people's minds! I just did a gear reduction kit in my rs1 and when I split the transmission every single bearing and race said china directly on them. The bag the new Polaris gears came in said china on them and 1/2 the things I took off to pull the transmission said china. Bottom line is I'm willing to bet that most 2016 and newer rzrs are put together with 60+% Chinese parts. It's no different than the auto industry. Ford, Chevy , ram, Toyota, Honda u name it all use china parts because absolutely know one can compete with people willing to work for 1/2 what a Amerivsn companies want. And we wonder why all of of manufacturing went over seas. It's been free trade. Now it's time to pay up and bring it back! I will gladly pay 30% or more if its made, packaged and sold on American soil.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don’t worry about the tariffs. China will come around sooner than later. They won’t survive without the US’s business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I also do take much of this as a grain of salt. Msnbc, cnbc, cnn and many others hype these things up and blow them out of proportion as usual. Yes the the teriffS did go up but everyone is saying by 25%. But everyone is looking past it says it's going to a 25% rate when it's already at 10%. So it went up 15%. Once again fake news at it's best to get a rise out if people

·
Registered
122 Posts
Our financial guy told me yesterday that China is actually in a bit of a recession right now, but you don't hear anything about it in the major media. China needs us worse than we need them. There will be an agreement on this stuff soon. They've been hosing us for years and nobody did anything about it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts