Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 900 Trail Fox Edition
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed the oil for the first time awhile back and kept the oil change reminder at 25 Hr. Is this a good time line or should I increase it to 50. I don't do balls to the wall type of riding and have never hit the rev limiter. Mostly slow under 5K rpm. Wonder what the more experienced RZR drivers do?

·
Registered
2022 RZR Pro XP Premium
117 Posts
I did my first oil change at 20 hrs on my 2022.5 Pro XP and reset the timer to 20 hrs. Then if I am out riding, and hit 20 hrs, I really don't need to worry about it as I know there is a bit of a buffer. I figure oil and filters are way cheaper than engines and turbos. I don't really run that hard either, but this is the first new machine I ever bought, so I want it to last and I think the best way is to have impeccable maintenance completed on it.

·
The Lone Rzr
3,857 Posts
I don't have my maintenance schedule in front of me but I know my 1st oil change was at 8 hours, forget how many miles.
I look at miles and not hours. Miles can add up faster more than hours depending on your riding.
I do at least 1 oil change a year and 2 if I'm adding up some miles

·
Registered
117 Posts
I do 50 hours on the engine. Change everything else along with the engine every other time or 100 hours. That's usually at least 4 engine changes and 2 drivetrain changes per year for me. I grease at least every engine change and more often if I've been in a lot of water/mud. Fresh oil and grease are cheap insurance. I drain each fluid into a separate clean pan so I can inspect it under bright light for any signs of excessive wear. This allows me to catch any potential problem BEFORE it becomes a real problem.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Don't forget air filter... I think the air filter is every bit as important as the fluids. I follow the guidelines minus the front diff. as I rarely use 4 wheel drive... On the new one I purchased the extended warranty which I believe includes service but I need to check that. If its included then I'll just follow the guidelines and let the dealer do the work lol.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Don't forget air filter... I think the air filter is every bit as important as the fluids. I follow the guidelines minus the front diff. as I rarely use 4 wheel drive... On the new one I purchased the extended warranty which I believe includes service but I need to check that. If its included then I'll just follow the guidelines and let the dealer do the work lol.
Checked- regular maintenance is on me...

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Good, first hand information posted.

For me; service clock is set to 50 hours for oil/filter change. I check oil level before every ride. The oil color and smell are indicators if it need to be changing it sooner.

Trans: somewhere around the 100-150 hr mark.

Front diff: LOL, well it starts to leak out of the seal if it sits longer than week. It get's changed pretty often since there is a small amount of oil in the case. If there was not a leak, I still would change it very often.

Newer machine, I would change everything more often as the gears and parts finally break in and mate to each other. After that, go with the numbers you are comfy with.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
For me I have went with this on RZR & Ranger....

Break in 25 hours all fluids.
Next 25 all fluids again.
Now I change them all at 50 hour intervals. 100, 150, 200, 250 etc. Maybe an overkill on dif and trans, but these things are high compared to fluid cost. I also enjoy wrenching on them.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I change oil and filter in the spring and fall. No idea the hours or miles. It’s overkill but I buy the filters in bulk and oil is cheap. I change the rest of the fluids with the fall service.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts