Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Upgrading should be optional and only required if the machine is going to be heavily modified, not necessary because the factory can't get it right a make a reliable machine.
I agree but the dealer is saying a clutch kit fixes Polaris issues so I ordered ine but I'm not impressed with Polaris QA and I will take the cover off and check if I can see anything !!! I am disappointed in what looks to be a great machine !! T o be honest after seing all the horror stories I'm starting to regret buying this machine ! Springs are not good , clutch issues ,etc

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Sorry to hear about the bad luck with your machine. I had a General with clutch issues before my Pro XP. Have 170km on it now and so far the clutches have been performing well. Are you still under warranty on your machine? If there is a legitimate issue with your clutches why not push the dealer to fix it under warranty now?
He's saying the only way to really fix this is buying a clutch kit the machine is a week old !!!

·
Registered
2022 Pro XP4
357 Posts
My machine does this as well and my research has shown that this is "normal". Definitely doesn't seem like it should be considered normal but everyone's seems to do it....
Mine does this very loud, they say the turbo machines have more slack in the drive train, definitely doesn't sound good, I get looks from people wondering what's wrong.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
What I want to know is why some belts slip really bad, hit the case, etc... and some people have no issues whatsoever. It's the same design/clutch/belt going on every machine. Is it assembly issues or sourcing parts from different bidders?
Good question , the Quality control is really bad i feel like they just push them out and try to put a Banda d on it later

·
Registered
2022 Pro XP4
357 Posts
my point was not to defend the issues people have with the clutches or to suggest to just upgrade it because of those issues. Most people, myself included, buy these machines, and begin adding goodies, which some require more clutch pressure etc. and "Heavily modified" is a fairly ambiguous term. i don't consider retuning the machine, and changing a few air pipes out being heavily modified, but some do.
I think the clutches should at least be able to handle basic bolt ons, I consider heavily modified to be a considerable power increase of 25% or more or a lot larger tires.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I think the clutches should at least be able to handle basic bolt ons, I consider heavily modified to be a considerable power increase of 25% or more or a lot larger tires.
your comment is exactly my point, you consider the "heavily modified" bogey at 25% power increase. OEM's do not give that level of generosity, in fact modifying in general on any vehicle typically voids the warranty of the affected components. I don't think any CVT regardless of brand would take 25% power increase with out mods.

in a completely stock trim, i don't argue one bit that there's definitely concerns with clutch setup, and possibly quality control of the components themselves.

·
Registered
58 Posts
What you read in the forums is a bit skewed to the negative. You might think all PXPs are junk. I'll offer up my experience just to offer some hope. Last February I bought a used 2020 PXP4 Ultimate with lots of goodies on it, but mechanically bone stock. It had 450 miles on it. It now shows 2500 miles and has been driven flat out fast in the desert, rock crawling in the mountains, trail riding in the forest, hauled up (from Arizona) to the Black Hills in South Dakota, and everything in between. I have had absolutely zero problems other than replacing the springs with ST, which really is necessary. I changed the belt recently just because I thought I should, but the old one still looks and runs fine. I'm keeping it for a backup (I have another new one as well). The rear tires are getting pretty worn and I have a set of 32s standing by.

I don't get the loud noise when I take off, and my clutch works just fine. Oh, the previous owner had it replaced just before I bought it. It was working fine. It was replaced under the recall.

I couldn't be happier. Hope you all get your bikes dialed in to where your experience going forward is like mine.

·
Registered
2022 Pro XP4
357 Posts
your comment is exactly my point, you consider the "heavily modified" bogey at 25% power increase. OEM's do not give that level of generosity, in fact modifying in general on any vehicle typically voids the warranty of the affected components. I don't think any CVT regardless of brand would take 25% power increase with out mods.

in a completely stock trim, i don't argue one bit that there's definitely concerns with clutch setup, and possibly quality control of the components themselves.
The point is that they should handle light modification, mine is stock and having issues, these things are produced with the oem knowing that they will asbolutley be modified in 99% of the cases, I bought a brand new truck that was only slightly more expensive than my SXS, it handles all the bolt ons and heavy towing just fine.... if polaris is going to charge 1/2 ton truck prices for their machines that most definitely don't cost as much as a loaded pickup I'd think they could at least build a somewhat solid platform for modification.

·
Registered
518 Posts
the manufacturer may know it's going to be modified... that doesn't mean they need to accept the liability for those modifications. also when a product is over designed, meaning beefed up or able to handle more than what it's setup for in stock trim, that adds cost. and i'm sure most of us would already say these things are crazy expensive.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Ill be giving the dealer the benefit of a doubt and hopefully will be able to dial it in!!

My point is that the machine should work flawlessly and handle regular driving day to day without any issues ! A machine that doesn't even run properly is disappointing but thank you for the positive feedback on some of you ! I had 2 RZR 1000 xp a 14 and an 18 before this and I put 8000 miles on both of them with no issues except the regular wear and tear and maintenance!
Im just a bit flustered but I'm sure it will be a machine i fall in love with when everything is set up right

21 - 31 of 31 Posts