Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21' Pro XP dash flickering

12K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  akupnt 
#1 ·
Anyone recognize or familiar with the problem in the below video ... ? Started shortly (but not immediately) after installing an XTC kit (which is just a relayed harness for accessories and not a component of the dash harness). No issues with a second installation on another Pro XP.

I have checked all applicable plugs / connections to the back of the dash. Wiring, connections and grounds are sound. It also intermittently affects the tuner mounted above the dash which is plugged / powered separately by the diagnostic port (display goes dim). And in case anyone familiar with the Pro XP - XTC kits are wondering ... no I did not hook the 6 gauge power supply to the ground post as their instructions tell you to do.

In some cases this only occurs when cold and would go away after driving. I did see some voltage anomaly's where engine off / ignition hot read low and engine on voltage read high - but this has also been intermittent - vehicle usually reads 12.x off / 14.x on. Its under warranty but just trying to save myself and the dealer some time if its something simple. Tks in advance for any input.

#3 ·
Hey did you figure anything out with this?
I’m pro is doing the same thing and stereo is cutting out when started and throttle is applied.
Yes ... loose battery / ground cable. Have since seen this reported several times on other ProXP pages.

I dont know if these are connected by the mfg or dealers ... but several months after correcting the issue my cables were getting loose again, so could be the threaded lugs compressing with torque. The vehicle with this issue also had the tuner fail right after it started and a battery failure @ 11 months.

Regardless in every reported case this has been the cause.

#4 ·
Dang I have tightened the cables cleaned them replaced the battery with a full throttle battery cleaned the ground post by the battery. Maybe need to trace the ground further? I have cleaned and tightened everything under the seat including the ground post next to the battery. Maybe a common ground somewhere else on the chassis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Dang I have tightened the cables cleaned them replaced the battery with a full throttle battery cleaned the ground post by the battery. Maybe need to trace the ground further? I have cleaned and tightened everything under the seat including the ground post next to the battery. Maybe a common ground somewhere else on the chassis
Check the ground or connection at the pulse bar under the dash ... ? Both also major contact points fort the power system. Beyond that might get complicated ...

#7 ·
Found the problem!
Finally got around to this issue again. Had some time to do some digging
In the 4 seat there is a 12v plugin and a pocket for the rear seat in the middle console. I pulled the pocket out and there is a fuse block hidden under there.
Issue was the bottom red wire coming in to the block from the battery was not tight. Not even a little tight I’m surprised the nut hadn’t fallen completely off. Here is a pic of location and loose connection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Just ran in to the same problem last weekend. The trip before had no issues. Instruments would always boot up then usually begin to flash and go blank. Sometimes recovered and displayed again. Frustrating. Initially investigated possible issues as fuses or relays. Searched and found this post. Found that my battery terminals under the seat were getting loose. Got about 1/2 turn out of each terminal. Rear console terminals were tight. Appears to have solved my issue. Thanks for the post and good information.

#10 ·
I had the same issue with mine straight from the dealership. I tracked it down to the battery terminals being loose. They were threaded in maybe 2 turns, can’t believe it even ran to drive on the trailer at the dealership.
Issue is widespread. I see it reported on pro-xp FB groups weekly. Surprised there hasn't been a bulletin prompting dealers to check this prior to delivery ... then again, *Polaris.

#11 ·
Hey guys I’m hoping somebody can help me out. So I tempted on installing lights whips and radio and did not realize that my power was still hooked up in my fishing tape hit something and shorted out. I have looked at both fuse boxes and cannot find where the short is. The dash will not turn on in the vehicle will not start I have moved relays and still nothing

#12 ·
Anyone recognize or familiar with the problem in the below video ... ? Started shortly (but not immediately) after installing an XTC kit (which is just a relayed harness for accessories and not a component of the dash harness). No issues with a second installation on another Pro XP.

I have checked all applicable plugs / connections to the back of the dash. Wiring, connections and grounds are sound. It also intermittently affects the tuner mounted above the dash which is plugged / powered separately by the diagnostic port (display goes dim). And in case anyone familiar with the Pro XP - XTC kits are wondering ... no I did not hook the 6 gauge power supply to the ground post as their instructions tell you to do.

In some cases this only occurs when cold and would go away after driving. I did see some voltage anomaly's where engine off / ignition hot read low and engine on voltage read high - but this has also been intermittent - vehicle usually reads 12.x off / 14.x on. Its under warranty but just trying to save myself and the dealer some time if its something simple. Tks in advance for any input.

Yes mine is doing this. And idk why. It's garage kept so it's out of the weather. Mine is a 2021 xp pro 4. I've had the clutch issue it was breaking belts like crazy. The last bult it broke and busted the clutch housing. Got it fixed it took 2 days to get the clutch off. To replace it. Now there is a recall on it. I'm just waiting for the recall on the gauges. And there's a recall for the steering wheel. Idk if it may have something to do with the gouges. But mines doing it now. If you find anything out about let me know plz

#13 ·
I have a 2022 Xp 4 1000 I had my console flashing last night (Exactly like the Video) and it stalled. I took it out of 4wd and wiggled some cables under the hood at the junction point for the power cables. It has not had it happen again although I was not out long afterwards. Any updates would be helpful. I will start digging into this more this week. I will update if I find anything Obvious.

#14 ·

Has there been anymore updates?