Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Aftermarket Fox QS3R. Dual rate on the rear, single rate on the front. Right now with my gear I'm running 250lb. main and 700lb. tender on the rear and a 200lb. front.
I need a bit of education. What are the spring rates for the OEM Fox Podium 2.0 and when you refer to the rear is the main the larger of the two springs?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I don't know the OE spring rates but originally the aftermarket Fox shocks came with a 200/600 setup on the rear which was too light for me with my gear and ride height I wanted. The main is the longer spring, yes. In doing the math my final rate or rate before crossover point is 184lbs. then when crossed over it goes to 250lbs. 55% through the travel. The fronts have been perfect at 200 without the front sway bar. With the front sway bar I feel they would be too heavy.

·
Registered
2022 Polaris Trail Premium
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Great information you guys. Keep it coming. I will do some research on clutches as well.
Thank you all,Tim

·
Registered
136 Posts
I wanted to be just like Goshe.. I lucked out and got the same Fox Shocks he has a few months ago.. When me wife and I have spare time we prefer to drive each other crazy 🤪 🤪 (said in a hehee hahaa way not a mean way) than wrench so we haven't tried them just yet.. Will be installing them soon.. Really Goshe!! 😁 😁
Font Office equipment Gadget Multimedia Transparency
Office supplies Font Electric blue Art Coil spring

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I wanted to be just like Goshe.. I lucked out and got the same Fox Shocks he has a few months ago.. When me wife and I have spare time we prefer to drive each other crazy 🤪 🤪 (said in a hehee hahaa way not a mean way) than wrench so we haven't tried them just yet.. Will be installing them soon.. Really Goshe!! 😁 😁 View attachment 685323 View attachment 685324
Yeah, yeah, yeah;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Goshe, which clutch kit did you go with? I went with the Polaris stage 2 clutch kit, and I'm not sure that I notice any difference. Except I seem to have less decent control while going down really steep trails, and when I'm descending I get a clicking or clacking noise from the clutch area.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Goshe, which clutch kit did you go with? I went with the Polaris stage 2 clutch kit, and I'm not sure that I notice any difference. Except I seem to have less decent control while going down really steep trails, and when I'm descending I get a clicking or clacking noise from the clutch area.
I went with the high load over 4000' kit which includes springs, weights and helix. Most of my riding is at elevation but I do go to Moab and Az in the winter and I just add weight when I go down in altitude, easy peazy. Did your kit come with a helix? That will affect your downhill or EBS braking.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Most of my riding is at elevation but I do go to Moab and Az in the winter
So Goshe likes Moab and Arizona eh.. Well so do we (Tony and Laura).. First time we went to Moab was 1985 on our mountain bikes.. Went 5-6 times mtn biking since then.. And in 1998 we went to Moab for the first time with our Yamaha XT225 dual sport motorcycles.. We bought our RZR 900 EPS 50" Trail Wide in Sept 2019 and because of the virus thing (we live in Ontario Canada) we have not been able to go to Moab yet.. Hopefully 2022 we will.. Just bought this today (price is in CDN Dollars) so we can hopefully do overnight trips to Hurrah Pass and Chicken Corners area and maybe even Top of the World.. And Toroweap in Arizona.. Yeehaw!! 😁 😁
Font Rectangle Parallel Art Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
So Goshe likes Moab and Arizona eh.. Well so do we (Tony and Laura).. First time we went to Moab was 1985 on our mountain bikes.. Went 5-6 times mtn biking since then.. And in 1998 we went to Moab for the first time with our Yamaha XT225 dual sport motorcycles.. We bought our RZR 900 EPS 50" Trail Wide in Sept 2019 and because of the virus thing (we live in Ontario Canada) we have not been able to go to Moab yet.. Hopefully 2022 we will.. Just bought this today (price is in CDN Dollars) so we can hopefully do overnight trips to Hurrah Pass and Chicken Corners area and maybe even Top of the World.. And Toroweap in Arizona.. Yeehaw!! 😁 😁 View attachment 685358
I would love to see you two there someday. With your new shocks hopefully 😁

·
Registered
268 Posts
So Goshe likes Moab and Arizona eh.. Well so do we (Tony and Laura).. First time we went to Moab was 1985 on our mountain bikes.. Went 5-6 times mtn biking since then.. And in 1998 we went to Moab for the first time with our Yamaha XT225 dual sport motorcycles.. We bought our RZR 900 EPS 50" Trail Wide in Sept 2019 and because of the virus thing (we live in Ontario Canada) we have not been able to go to Moab yet.. Hopefully 2022 we will.. Just bought this today (price is in CDN Dollars) so we can hopefully do overnight trips to Hurrah Pass and Chicken Corners area and maybe even Top of the World.. And Toroweap in Arizona.. Yeehaw!! View attachment 685358
I’m wondering if this will even fit, the way the new cage goes to the rear bumper?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
217 Posts
I don't know the OE spring rates but originally the aftermarket Fox shocks came with a 200/600 setup on the rear which was too light for me with my gear and ride height I wanted. The main is the longer spring, yes. In doing the math my final rate or rate before crossover point is 184lbs. then when crossed over it goes to 250lbs. 55% through the travel. The fronts have been perfect at 200 without the front sway bar. With the front sway bar I feel they would be too heavy.
Goshe are the shocks the same length as OEM? With my ride height I could use a shock with about an inch more travel. I'm going to try to find out what the OEM springs are on the Fox Podium 2.0 that come stock on the Ultimate. I'm sure they are significantly less than what you are running.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Goshe are the shocks the same length as OEM? With my ride height I could use a shock with about an inch more travel. I'm going to try to find out what the OEM springs are on the Fox Podium 2.0 that come stock on the Ultimate. I'm sure they are significantly less than what you are running.
Oddly enough they were about 1/4" longer than the stock Sachs. You won't be able to go any longer than stock due to cv angle, it's pretty much maxed out stock.
Are the spring dimensions legible on the spring? Or do they even have the rates on the stock spring? Eibach or Fox might offer different rates.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts