Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Polaris Trail Premium
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone lifted their 2021-22 Trail? It sure looks as if the RT PRO 2” lift will work. Same part #‘s for the upper and lower A-Arms as the earlier year models. Not sure about the upper front mount. Looking at pictures in the instructions the upper shock mount area looks identical to my upper shock mount area. I believe chassis has not changed…confirm?
thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
112 Posts
JunkOSC, what is your objective? I felt that my 2020 Fox Edition needed more ground clearance so I went from 27 to 29 in rims and tires, which achieved my objective. The downside of going with a lift is that it extends your shocks and limits their range. I lifted my 570 ACE 2" and found that the ride was terrible because the shocks were close to their limit, so even slightly uneven terrain exceeded their range. So I had to go with new, upgraded shocks, so it ended up an expensive way to gain 2" of ground clearance. But I'll admit, I went with the Walker Evans shocks on my ACE and while it was expensive it sure provided a nice ride!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JunkOSC, what is your objective? I felt that my 2020 Fox Edition needed more ground clearance so I went from 27 to 29 in rims and tires, which achieved my objective. The downside of going with a lift is that it extends your shocks and limits their range. I lifted my 570 ACE 2" and found that the ride was terrible because the shocks were close to their limit, so even slightly uneven terrain exceeded their range. So I had to go with new, upgraded shocks, so it ended up an expensive way to gain 2" of ground clearance. But I'll admit, I went with the Walker Evans shocks on my ACE and while it was expensive it sure provided a nice ride!
skromfols, thank you for your input! Ground clearance is the main objective. Sounds like I’m going about this the wrong way. I would like to use up these tires before I buy new (larger diameter) ones. What do you know about replacement springs? We ride on rocky trails out here. Thank again.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Theres tons of threads on here about spring upgrades. Shock therapy, zbros, eibach are all good. I personally run racer tech springs on my 900 along with a full rebuild from shock therapy and the ride is awesome. Chances are the tenders on your new machine will be sagged out in no time and the process has already begun. I wouldnt bother with a lift kit, a good set of springs and 29's on your trail will have you dialed in

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Theres tons of threads on here about spring upgrades. Shock therapy, zbros, eibach are all good. I personally run racer tech springs on my 900 along with a full rebuild from shock therapy and the ride is awesome. Chances are the tenders on your new machine will be sagged out in no time and the process has already begun. I wouldnt bother with a lift kit, a good set of springs and 29's on your trail will have you dialed in
I’ve been doing some more research. You are right, I’m not gonna bother with a lift kit. Now I need to determine if I’m gonna do new springs or new shocks?? Definitely new tire, I’m leaning towards Tusk Terrabite, I see they are undersized…I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks for your time!
Tim

Reactions: Goshe

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
No problem. Terrobites are good tires, I'm running the tusk trillobites right now and so far so good, they hook up great!
Not sure what shocks are on the new trail machine but a good spring upgrade might be all you need for now

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My RZR has the sachs socks. A lot of people on the forum speak poorly about those. If I do go with springs only; will that improve the shocks quality and life? Thanks for all the advice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do know my wife’s Ace will be getting a spring upgrade! Holy cow that thing rides rough.

·
Registered
709 Posts
My RZR has the sachs socks. A lot of people on the forum speak poorly about those. If I do go with springs only; will that improve the shocks quality and life? Thanks for all the advice.
I put RT Pro springs on & gained some ground clearance, improved the ride. I can't see spending $$$ on race shocks for a trail machine. Removing the front sway made a difference in the ride quality for the better too. Adjusting tire psi will help also.
rzr-900-trail-50-replacement-springs-kit

Reactions: superjunior

·
Registered
217 Posts
Your biggest bang for the buck is tires and wheels. My ultimate had less than 10" of true clearance as delivered. The ride with the Fox 2.0 has always been pretty good but I bounced off rocks constantly. I removed the front sway bar, increased the spring preload, and bought a set of 29" tires on bead lock 14" wheels. I lowered the tire pressure to 8/10lbs F/R and I now have a ride that is 100% more comfortable on rocky NE trails and true clearance btwn 12-13inches. Night and day difference.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your biggest bang for the buck is tires and wheels. My ultimate had less than 10" of true clearance as delivered. The ride with the Fox 2.0 has always been pretty good but I bounced off rocks constantly. I removed the front sway bar, increased the spring preload, and bought a set of 29" tires on bead lock 14" wheels. I lowered the tire pressure to 8/10lbs F/R and I now have a ride that is 100% more comfortable on rocky NE trails and true clearance btwn 12-13inches. Night and day difference.
Thanks for the input. Are you still running the stock clutch with those 29” tires? What tires did you go with?
I hope you have a great Thanksgiving?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I put RT Pro springs on & gained some ground clearance, improved the ride. I can't see spending $$$ on race shocks for a trail machine. Removing the front sway made a difference in the ride quality for the better too. Adjusting tire psi will help also.
Thanks for the advice. Have a great Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Good find, this is where I would start

·
Registered
112 Posts
JunkOSC, If you want to give you wife a great ride, try the Walker Evans shocks on her ACE. I had the ACE 570 and with the Walker Evans shocks it was so much better than stock, and I used to push it pretty hard.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What I dont understand is why no one has or has mentioned buying a plate style lift and using it as a foundation or a starting point. Seems to me plate steel could be welded on to both sides and drilled out in various configurations to set up and test and then move as needed. rather than just moving the mounting location out as they provide, why not out some down some and play around. They still say relocting the shocks as they provide with their lift kit makes for a much better ride over stock.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thanks for the input. Are you still running the stock clutch with those 29” tires? What tires did you go with?
I hope you have a great Thanksgiving?
I am running stock clutch. I did not notice any performance decrease for the kind of riding I do which is more slow tech trail. I chose GBC Dirt Commanders which are very light for a 29x9 and more like 28.5" in diameter on Tusk Unita beadlock 5X2 14" rims. I do get a little drivers side rub at full compression but otherwise fine. Honestly love them, great all around tire.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
You're on the right track as far as tire and spring but I would strongly suggest a clutch kit as well. I guarantee you will notice the difference. I'm running a 28" terrabite on Fox 2.0 dual rates with a clutch kit and love it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts